How would you re-handle this?

I am really wanting about a 5 1/2" or 6" handle on this laredo bowie, but the handle was useless for a knife that is supposed to get used. The tang seems just about retarded to me. How would I go about putting a new handle on this? This is my first re-handle, and I'm afraid I might have bitten off more than I can chew.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/chromechicken/knife.jpg
Thanks for any suggestions y'all might have.

I checked out your site. Do you do this kind of thing?

How should I go about making the handle longer than the "tang" is, especially with that cable on there?

you can get rid of the cable and put in a solid rod. can you take a clearer picture of the tang?

its not that hard to do. i could make you an extension that would work too

Last edited:
Thanks, it really does, it is most secure and comfortable most fit knife I made or have. It is of course for power cutting, it is hard to manipulate with fingers like when you in the kitchen.

Thanks, Vassili.

I would silver braze a tang extension on it and then put what ever handle material you would like on it.

Tom

Nutnfancy on youtube just reviewed the Laredo and gave it a glowing review.
Hes a good dude but he obviously doesn't know about the tang problems, he calls it fulltang.
Maybe somebody here could post under his video and let him know?
Maybe point him to chromechicken's photobucket pic of the naked Laredo?
I would but my youtube account is totally out of whack. I'm going to scrap my old youtube account and start a new one, maybe that will fix it.

Back