Hubertus Fisherman's Hammer Auto-Angler Spring Hammer Knife

Now talk about something out of the ordinary..I can pretty much guarantee that I am the first one on my block to get one of these baby's..:rolleyes:

Here is the description in the add...

This model is one of the most unique manufactured. The Fisherman's Auto-Angler "Spring-Hammer/Knife" by Hubertus-Solingen features a spring activated "Fisherman's Hammer" made of solid nickel-silver. This "heavy ball" is designed to stun the fish, and keep it from flopping out of your boat, off the dock, etc. Also featured with the auto-hammer is a bottle opener , and fish scaler.

The manual operated main clip point blade measures 3 3/4" and features Solingen Stainless steel. Beautiful Genuine Stag Handles with nickel silver top and bottom bolsters and a bail hook located at the bottom bolster..Includes a belt/button chain (approx 30"), which attaches to the bail hook, so you don't lose the "auto-hammer" when you lose the "big one that got away".

The Lever located at the top bolster acts as a safety when flipped up, and when flipped down and depressed, activates the "spring-hammer". Very unique piece ! Very limited in availability! Factory Hubertus Box with instructions included.

HubertusStagHammerLeverLockFront1.jpg

HubertusStagHammerLeverLock.jpg

I feel like the "Pimp Daddy" with this long chain...:D

Ah, yes. The famous Fish Bonker! :D
Congratulations, I'll bet you are the first one on your block to have one ;) .
It looks like a nice, well-made knife, but I think the weight on the end would make the scaler a bit awkward to use.

Cool knife sunburst. Very unusual. I bet no one on my block has one of those. Is it quite heavy?

It's heavy in comparison to a normal knife SK it weighs about 3/4 of a Lb, but its rather lengthy which helps to compensate for the extra weight. If you were to pull this thing out of your pants pocket it may take a while..:eek:

I agree that the hammer weight on the scaler side would make it awkward to use as a fish scaler. It would be great for misbehaving dogs and kids though..:rolleyes: :D

Thanks for looking,

Sunburst

Looks like it could be used to test a companion fisherman's knee reflexes too, when the fishing gets a little slow.

I've got a couple of Hubertus', and that's the most unique I've ever seen. Mike

Thanks Mike I bought it for that very reason..What's your opinion on Hubertus since you own a couple of them? This is my first one but I have been tempted to pick up a couple more. I am very pleased with the quality and craftmanship in this knife, very impressive.

Sunburst

Sunburst - I've got a nice 2.5" ivory micarta that I love more than any auto I own! I have to wear "business" clothes so during the day I'm not hauling heavy hardware around. It's the right size to open discreetly and is a real kick to own. I've another stag one, 3" spearpoint that I grabbed while living in CA where they're illegal. It's a little rough closing, but fires real hard. Here in Vegas I can buy all I want, and would have been a little more choosier. Mike

I bet Tony is trying to figure out how to put a swedge on it. :)

Back