Photos HUCK modded

donscpoo

Gold Member
I requested Josh from Razor Edge Knives to sandblast off the coating before it was sent to Ban Tang to give it a mirror convex edge.

The sandblasted finish is Double Cut like. I really dig the contrast of the sandblasted finish and the mirror convex edge.

35751674676_52d05dbf3a_k_d.jpg

35751674226_0b10583f1a_k_d.jpg

The open spine sheath is from Eric Lind @ Mashed Cat Outfitters

35751675186_4c2c477c4c_k_d.jpg

Beautiful! I've seen nothing but quality work from all for mentioned craftsman! Too pretty to use now lol?

Beautiful! I've seen nothing but quality work from all for mentioned craftsman! Too pretty to use now lol?
You are absolutely right! I am so afraid to use it now. I will have to let this sink in for a few more weeks first. The edge has been thinned so I am also keen to find out how will it perform.

The AIR around the edge is Screaming because it's so "Stupid Sharp"....Very Cool...:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Wow that's ridiculously gorgeous and looks impressively sharp . . . Any idea what the edge angle is?

Wow that's ridiculously gorgeous and looks impressively sharp . . . Any idea what the edge angle is?
Rob, I don't have a tool to measure the angle. Based on my touch and feel, I guess it is some where between 15-20'. The angel is definitely smaller than any of my stock zero convex edge.

I've got a Huck Fin with Josh awaiting the same bead blast treatment...only difference is I will be the one applying the edge afterward....love that sheath, too...thanks for sharing but it makes it harder for me to wait on mine! :p

I've got a Huck Fin with Josh awaiting the same bead blast treatment...only difference is I will be the one applying the edge afterward....love that sheath, too...thanks for sharing but it makes it harder for me to wait on mine! :p

You can't go wrong with Josh. Beside his wonderful work, his service is excellent. The wait is well worth it. Pls show it to us when it is completed.

Back