Hunter model.

Thats awesome Tony!!! Thanks a million!! Tell me more about this thick edge thing you are finding. I took that bad boy down to .020" before finishing and sharpening.

Thats awesome Tony!!! Thanks a million!! Tell me more about this thick edge thing you are finding. I took that bad boy down to .020" before finishing and sharpening.

I will try to explain to the best of my abilities. This knife doesn't have a thick edge compared to many other Convex ground knives. The edge is sharp, but it has some shoulders to it. There is nothing wrong with that, they are not overly thick shoulders. However it impedes in biting as deep in wood as some other knives. I can make wicked paper thin fuzzies with it that can take a spark from a firesteel which is great:thumbup: But if I were to say snap cut a 3/4" diameter branch, it takes more effort than some higher shouldered knives that I own.

IMO, I don't think you should take your edge any thinner. Some people use their knives for things like cutting wire or other hard use tasks. If you take a it too thin, you run the risk of the edge rolling. It is better to let the new owner thin it to their prefference. This way there is no chance that they will roll or chip the edge. I like this knife alot, it has the size and shape of the type of knife I enjoy using and carrying. So it is a knife that will have a steady spot in the rotation of knives I take out.

Thanks buddy:thumbup:

Back