Hunting 2011/2012

Connected on another coyote during deer rifle season, same farm as the other coyote- about 200 yrds apart

IMG_2354.jpg

End of Dec I borrowed dad's crossbow (he was sick and couldn't hunt) and got a small doe. Middle of Dec I was watching 3 does and a button buck come in to this little field, week before Christmas just the does. Two small does and one large doe, I decided to shoot the first one that gave me a shot.

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

Hope everybody else had a good season, I watched more deer closer to me this year than I have in a few. Had three different small bucks walk within 10-40 yds of me a couple different days. Time to change gears and do some small game hunting.

Thanks for the awesome pics. Got two extended days to shotgun hunt deer this week. Then I'm going to do some small game and go after fox and hopefully coyotes that everybody in the area is talking about.
Scott

Speaking of fox, I shot this red during deer muzzle loader season. I've got the pelt in my freezer, gonna send it off to be tanned.

IMG_1372.jpg

A few years ago I saw a bobcat on that same farm and have heard of it being seen since them, I'd like to try and get it. Seems all the coyotes I was seeing during deer season have moved on, but I hope to connect on a few more this winter.

Thanks for the awesome pics. Got two extended days to shotgun hunt deer this week. Then I'm going to do some small game and go after fox and hopefully coyotes that everybody in the area is talking about.
Scott

Good Luck on the deer and predators.

Sold a few knives (not Gossmans) and put it towards an old Wards Western .410 bolt action shotgun. Got a helluva deal. The stock looks like Freddy Krueger and Wolverine got in a tug of war over it, but I plan on cleaning her up Monday.

What's the biggest game animal you've used your Gossman knife on? Which Gossman did you use it on? If your biggest game animal is a grizzly or a whitetail, let's hear, and see some pics.

I've only skinned whitetails but one fella who you know SHS, used his blade only (no handle scales) PSK knife to completely skin, head included an Alaskan black bear on Kodiak Island.
Scott

Back