Hunting/fishing/camping blades that you reassigned?

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
After giving my parents various kitchen knives, including Tramontina stainless kitchen models, an older Spyderco kitchen model, a couple Old Hickories, a PJ Tomes collaboration production model, a stainless ulu, trying to replace their POS Chinese models, I found another one for them. The Cold Steel Long Hunter, while a hair thicker than the aforementioned kitchen knives, does a good job preparing dinner. Cut up some chicken for some chicken and noodle soup, including a few carrots etc. Not bad.

What fixed blades have you reassigned to the kitchen, or use regularly in the kitchen?

A stainless Mora used to get used for jobs too large for parers and kind of small for chef knives. It didn't care if it was slicing cukes for salad or garden hose for the trash. A Fusion Battle Mistress has been used for coconut-prep, too, but never became a primary kitchen knife.

My new Mora Allround gets a lot of use in the kitchen. It simply outcuts everything else I have.

Well, I never planned for it to be used indoors, but the Captain Jack by Brian Andrews sees plenty of kitchen time. Sees a lot of rib and jerky prep time.

JerkyPrep1.jpg

i use and love using my rc-4 in the kitchen its a great all arounder till a get a good set of chef knives

I have a small Billy Watson spear point in carbon steel that hangs in my kitchen. I also use a Green River Knife in the kitchen.

This is a little bird and trout style knife I got in trade that I've reassigned as a paring knife :p

1s19y1.jpg

Back