Recommendation? Hunting Knife for Deer and Hog

st8yd, I'm glad you attempted the handle. Micarta was a good choice. Did it seem to balance it? DM

Thanks, it feels real nice. It's light enough blade balance isn't so noticeable as having just a little more to hold on to, feeling more maneuverable in your hand.

I'm stuck on using 2 knives together and although I've tried lots of different knives like the 118 in d2, alaskan guide vanguard,alaskan guide 113 ,all of these knives are great,but I stick with a old alaskan guide stag handled 110 folding hunter,and a Buck 103 while hunting.

These 2 knives work great together and I've gotten so used to using them,I don't bother to try other combos anymore.

Joe Houser has replaced the blade for me 3 times now in the alaskan guide 110 ,I wore them out doing most of the deer and bear for an outfitter over a couple of falls.

My 103 is the 420hc from 2004, this knife has skinned around 40 whitetail deer and even more bears,can't tell the difference in 420 hc and s30v on a skinning knife .

I'm stuck on using 2 knives together and although I've tried lots of different knives like the 118 in d2, alaskan guide vanguard,alaskan guide 113 ,all of these knives are great,but I stick with a old alaskan guide stag handled 110 folding hunter,and a Buck 103 while hunting.

These 2 knives work great together and I've gotten so used to using them,I don't bother to try other combos anymore.

Joe Houser has replaced the blade for me 3 times now in the alaskan guide 110 ,I wore them out doing most of the deer and bear for an outfitter over a couple of falls.

My 103 is the 420hc from 2004, this knife has skinned around 40 whitetail deer and even more bears,can't tell the difference in 420 hc and s30v on a skinning knife .
When did the AG110 come to be? I'm curious how long that model has existed

Mine has a 2006 date code on it and I got it when they first came out.
Razor, that would be a good pair. It could carry you a long way. DM

........and I've gotten so used to using them................

I think Razorblades has hit the nail squarely on the head with his statement (and that is why Buck makes so many popular knives). Once your discover what works well and you get used to using it, then it becomes the best and nothing else is going to please you quite as well. OH

David, I’ve seen your pictures of you processing meat with that knife - you know what you’re doing! OH

Back