I’m a “fun guy”

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Let’s have a little fun!

Q: What did one mushroom say to the other mushroom?
CBFAECC3-BDE5-487B-8AA9-4CCD3FA587BE.jpeg
A: You’re such a fungi! Lol.

As Autumn falls upon us all, I love taking walks in the wilderness and coming across mushrooms. So many different shapes, textures and colors. The way they push through the decomposing forest floor lifting pine needles and dead leaves is intriguing to me.

Let this be the thread you dump your “knives & fungi” photos into. Photo’s don’t necessarily have to have a knife in them. Toadstools is the theme folks!
BBBD3CB4-063C-45A8-AE6D-7A1A3E52C277.jpeg
Have fun!

Any recommendations an a mushroom identification phone app ?
If it was me; I would take a course. Then I would only look for stuff that I knew was safe vs. trying to figure out what some random one in the forest was. I like risk but that's a bit much.

Some local shots.
Morel
rKHFh4c.jpg

Lion's Mane
RB19dkW.jpg

Lobster
k9drgOf.jpg

Last edited:
We are experiencing a dearth of mushrooms this year. None of any consequence - edibles anyway - all through the spring & fall.

We have needed rain. :(

So this is a highlight on my walk today. (I added the Jelio Puukko. :) )

Jelio-and-shrooms.jpg

Some others from different seasons ~

Little-Red-Shrooms.jpg

I call this - FIRE SHROOMS WITH FIREBUG PUUKKO (by BogdanS BogdanS ) ~

Firebug-&-fireshrooms.jpg

Puukko on bread rolls ~

Puukko-on-mushrooms.jpg

A very fine example of a RUSSELL'S BOLETE ~

Russell's-Bolete.jpg

Hi Coleman, No idea from the photo. Would need to see the stem and underside. Even then, it is not familiar so I would need to look it up.
For now lets us just call it an old BAZOOKA WAD MUSHROOM. 🤔 Not very appealing. 🤐

Hi Coleman, No idea from the photo. Would need to see the stem and underside. Even then, it is not familiar so I would need to look it up.
For now lets us just call it an old BAZOOKA WAD MUSHROOM. 🤔 Not very appealing. 🤐

Yes! It looks really slimy so I didn’t touch it. 🤣😂 No place to wash my hands after.
Maybe it’s more of a fungus than a mushroom?

Last edited:
Back