I am looking for a Hiking Buddy or Bushfinger to buy.

I want to make a small run, now and again, of sheaths for Andy's knives that sell the best. These will not be a one - of custom sheath. They will be high quality basic sheaths that I will sell in batches of 3 to 5 - on Andy's site.

I want to pick up a Hiking buddy or a Bushfinger (at Andy's suggestion) to make sheaths for. These knives look like this:

aug10105_2366-vi.jpg

I will start making sheaths for the Arete (as I have one), and the Hiking Buddy and Bushfinger as I get them.

The sheaths will look like this:

SheathforAndy001.jpg

There will be no pre-order or custom orders - I just couldn't keep up and it was severely stressing me out. It was turning something fun - into something lame. So, this is the way I will be doing it.

If you have one you would be willing to part with - please let me know. I would be willing to trade some leather work as partial or full payment on these knives.

Thanks,

TF

Attachments

• aug10105_2366-vi.jpg
    aug10105_2366-vi.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 10
Now I want a Bushfinger even more than I did before. Dangit...uber glad you are back in the game, Tal!

Tal, I would loan you the Bushfinger in that picture for a while until you got one of your own, but it wouldn't do you any good. That is the first proto and the final design is a bit different with a taller blade and fatter handle. As much as I hate to say it, Andy probably should change the photo on the website to the new design.

I am glad you're back at it though, I hope you get a Hiking Buddy too, that way I could pick up a sheath without having to send off my knife :)

Hey, loan ME the Bushfinger for awhile. I'll have my children send it back after I'm gone! ;)

Hey, loan ME the Bushfinger for awhile. I'll have my children send it back after I'm gone! ;)

Lol, that depends on what you would be willing to loan in return, got a Recluse or a Terrasaur? I don't trust children to remember such things when they grow up :)

I have a Hiking Buddy now (Wooohoooo!) - Please let me know, anyone, if you have a Bushfinger.

TF

Cool, it's an awesome little knife, I hope to pick up at least one more soon. You should post some pics of yours when you can.

Tal, good to see your gettin back in.
Nice lookin rig Tal
I too need a Hiking Buddy, i have a hunter im trying to sell, maybe i could trade someone for a hiking buddy?
More decisions, LOL.

I am knife in hand. I start teaching again next week so I will need a little time to get making them - but save your pennies - I want to sell a few of these.

I am working with the person who sold it to me to work out a first sheath and we will go from there.

By the way - Andy - SMOKING knife. Fit and Finish is perfect. 3D spalting is awesome. Can't wait to put the finished edge on it with my Japanese stones to get a razor blade. Lovin' it.

TF

I am knife in hand. I start teaching again next week so I will need a little time to get making them - but save your pennies - I want to sell a few of these.

I am working with the person who sold it to me to work out a first sheath and we will go from there.

By the way - Andy - SMOKING knife. Fit and Finish is perfect. 3D spalting is awesome. Can't wait to put the finished edge on it with my Japanese stones to get a razor blade. Lovin' it.

TF

The Hiking Buddy is an awesome knife. I carry the Box Elder scandi grind with me a lot lately. In fact since I have another Fiddleback coming that is a little larger than the Bushfinger (that I expect to become my primary medium fixed blade) I have actually toyed with the idea of seeing if anyone wanted to trade a saber ground one with micarta scales for my Bushfinger. I spend so much time humping other pieces of gear and knives to the woods that I like the idea of the personal knife I actually carry with me on the times I am loaded down being somewhat small-ish so not a lot of extra weight. But I worry about messing up the beautiful blue Box Elder edc-ing in what is often a very harsh working environment. I want to reserve it for those days I hit the woods not working and just sit whittling by a creek re-charging the batteries. I love the Bushfinger, the saber grind just works better across the board as a do all knife for me, so I think about just waiting on another Hiking Buddy (similar in make up to it) to pop up, but I'm afraid that then the Bushfinger will just end up in a box somewhere and that would just be plain wrong...decisions decisions...and I'm still thinking about what to do.

Kinda off topic here but did anyone ever see the final points total on the Bushcraft knife challenge? I never did see who they came up with as a winner or if there really was a winner. Just seeing the first Bushfinger up for maybe sale got me thinking about it.

TF

Glad to hear you got hooked up Tal,, cant wait to see what you turn out,,

Just make sure it stays FUN for you Brother!

Wade

One of my Bushfingers fits perfectly in the sheth you sent Tal, the other is too tight. The 01 one is the one that fit, so that is perfect. Beauty of a sheath bro. Thanks!

Awesome man - I am glad you can use it. It shows me that I can't wetform the sheaths I make from here on out too much if I expect them to fit well.

TF

If you stop wetforming and let the knife form the sheath to itself after arrival, it would fit all the 4" bladed knives just fine.

The guys that have big hands and I've made especially large handles for know, or should, that they need a custom sheath. But that pattern would fit any of my 4"ers if you'd not wetform it.

Oh, I have no problems at all with the sheath you made for it. It's perfect for my work because it fits the knife fantastically and it's easy on and off the belt. I just got all those pieces of various woods and so I got the idea to make some matching firesteel handles for more of my knives than just the Hiking Buddy. Then it only stands to reason to have a sheath with a fire steel loop to show them off with and was thinking about Tal's Bushfinger sheaths. You know me, I don't like to send my knives anywhere if I can help it. I'll usually do without anything that requires me to send off my knife. I have PTS so I don't trust life...or customs offices :)

Back