I believe one of our moderators has great news to share...

Well, I popped the question last night to my lovely girlfriend and she accepted. :D I feel fortunate to have a fiance that understands my love for sharp, pointy things. (and that she even likes a goofy-looking fellow like myself. ;))

Originally posted by Burchtree
(and that she even likes a goofy-looking fellow like myself. ;))
You fool, you fool! It's your KNIVES she's after !!! :D
Congratulations! and a long and happy life together!

Yes, nothing like a bunch of knife collectors and accumulators hopped up on booze and swapping sharpening techniques!

As the man of the hour, Burch has first pick of bandages, adhesives, turniquettes, and ambulance rides!

Woo-hoo!

Well, the first ride in it from the bar to the hospital, at least. You don't actually get to keep the ambulance.

Still, as a person who's been to the emergency department due to a knife boo-boo, I can tell you, you'll love that the doctor will ask you to repeat your story several times (to make sure you weren't attacked or doing something illegal):

"We were fine. We had put our ER's away and broke out some small fixed-blades in 1095 to see if the tequila and lime that Thom and Allen puked onto the bar would make a unique patina on our blades. Really, I should know better than to smear CrO rouge on my shirt to strop away surface corrosion, but Jaeger is a tough Meister and well, that's why none of us have fingers.... ...Except for Frank. He nursed a Sambuca Molinari and wouldn't touch cutlery if it wasn't N690."

Back