Photos I bought Cold Steel Tia Pan . Legit?

Like I said about a cold steel pan on Amazon for $159.
This knife is absolutely beautiful but I've never seen a real typing before to compare it with. And has to send my three steel which is three types of steel sandwich together. I can see a line but I've never seen the sand my steel before either to compare it with. All I can say is this is one beautiful blade.
Does this sound like a legit deal to you guys? I know they Go for a lot more money from the regular outlets.
I can't figure out how to post a picture or I would. But like I said this is one beautiful mine and I really think it's real.
It's just the price is so low.

This knife is absolutely beautiful but I've never seen a real typing before to compare it with. And has to send my three steel which is three types of steel sandwich together. I can see a line but I've never seen the sand my steel before either to compare it with. All I can say is this is one beautiful blade.
Does this sound like a legit deal to you guys? I know they Go for a lot more money from the regular outlets.
I can't figure out how to post a picture or I would. But like I said this is one beautiful mine and I really think it's real.
It's just the price is so low.
Crikey I can't even figure out how to edit this post.
It'll let me edit the title but not the content.
So many mistakes. Okay it's a cold steel tai pan. I've never seen a San Mia steel to compare with before. But I can see what appears to be the Same Mi line running down the blade.
Also this knife seems to be extremely well made. I have not used the knife nor do I ever intend to use the knife unless I'm having a very bad day. So I can't tell you how strong the steel is. But once again everything looks very well made. Seems very inexpensive for such an expensive knife because I think they usually go for double that from a regular knife store.
I'm just wondering what you guys think?
Do you think it's legitimate that I got the real deal?
I wish I could post a picture but I can't figure out how to do that.

Leave off the price and where you bought the knife.

You can post pics by uploading them to a hosting site then linking to them.

How am I supposed to ask the question if I can't tell you the price or where I bought it?
Gee maybe something like this:
I bought a knife and I didn't pay near as much as they normally go for. I bought it from a site that's known to sell things much cheaper but that site also is known to have counterfeits if you're not careful. What are you guys think?
Seriously how am I supposed to ask question Will these kind of stipulations?

How am I supposed to ask the question if I can't tell you the price or where I bought it?

Seriously how am I supposed to ask question Will these kind of stipulations?

1. By having a paid membership.

2. Instead of making a 2nd post complaining about the rules, you may want to edit your op to follow the guidelines, or risk having the thread closed.

3. Don't just look at said website, look at the store selling the product.. if it was from the Cold Steel factory store then you are probably alright..

1. By having a paid membership.

2. Instead of making a 2nd post complaining about the rules, you may want to edit your op to follow the guidelines, or risk having the thread closed.

3. Don't just look at said website, look at the store selling the product.. if it was from the Cold Steel factory store then you are probably alright..
Well I tried to edit the thing.
I wouldn't be making a second post if I could figure out how to edit the first one.
What do you mean I need a paid membership to ask a question?
Feel free to boot me off if that's what you feel like doing.

No one here can give you an "appraisal" (estimated value) of the knife unless you are at least a Gold Member of BF, which I believe currently costs $35. However, you can ask if people here think that what you bought is "legit" or not, which was the title of your thread, w/o being a Gold Member.

But, no one can give you an opinion about that unless you can figure out how to post a link to a few pictures of the knife, which isn't difficult to do but there's only so much hand holding people can (and are willing to) do for you, since you are NOT a member and have no history of participation here.

Here's the exact wording of the applicable BF rule:

SECTION 5 - Miscellaneous -

WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!

In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site.

---------------------------------------

It's unstated in this section but a Gold Membership is the lowest level which permits selling on this site. You can find the complete text of the BF rules HERE.

Last edited:
^^^ what he said lol.

You have to have Gold membership or higher to ask about values. You can use Imagur to upload pics if you want..

Also, 3 dots next to the report button, then edit..
Screenshot_20220925-220557_Chrome.jpg

He's not asking for a valuation, he's asking if the knife is real or a counterfeit. He doesn't need a Gold membership for that.

Was the knife sold as "new" or "used"?

Did it come with original factory/Cold Steel packaging? Was the packaging damaged?

Although the price you paid is very suspicious, that site will often sell pre-owned items, or items missing original packaging, or with damaged packaging, at a significant discount. I've gotten some great deals from that site this way (non-knife items).

Pictures might help. Without a Gold membership or higher you will need to use a photo hosting site like Imgur.com to post pictures here.

He's not asking for a valuation, he's asking if the knife is real or a counterfeit. He doesn't need a Gold membership for that.

I beg to differ. This is the relevant part of the OP's initial inquiry (grammatical errors unaltered):

"Like I said about a cold steel pan on Amazon for $159. . . . Does this sound like a legit deal to you guys? I know they Go for a lot more money from the regular outlets."

This is asking us for an opinion of whether the $159 he paid for the knife was a "legit" (or fair) price or not, which would require a valuation of the knife.
The question of whether the knife is authentic or not is also implied but that is a separate question.

Based on the forum rules, we can give him an opinion about the latter but not the former question, unless he is a Gold Member.

Look, this is my first post.
I'm not needing nor do I want anybody to hold my hand.
I simply was hoping I could ask questions from people who love knives.
All I've got from this thread are people statingly obvious.
Buy it from a cold steel dealer and I won't have problems.
So I'll ask Stiletto, Jimmy Slash, Donnie B, You know people who love knives and don't mind answering questions.
I get the feeling you guys are nothing but salesmen at a knife store.

Also who was the seller and shipper? I’ve recently bought a few knives off the big river but they were sold and shipped by trusted sellers(BHQ and CKW).

The item can be sold by a trusted dealer and fulfilled/shipped by the river, which can muddy the water.

I get the feeling you guys are nothing but salesmen at a knife store.

That would be nice,.. then you get them juicy discounts 😆

Nobody's trying to beat you down or anything, we love the knife hobby just like you. We're just saying that this is a structured forum that has rules.. that's all.

Was the knife sold as "new" or "used"?

Did it come with original factory/Cold Steel packaging? Was the packaging damaged?

Although the price you paid is very suspicious, that site will often sell pre-owned items, or items missing original packaging, or with damaged packaging, at a significant discount. I've gotten some great deals from that site this way (non-knife items).

Pictures might help. Without a Gold membership or higher you will need to use a photo hosting site like Imgur.com to post pictures here.
Thank you sir for your considerate response.
You've given me hope that there are knife lovers here.
The packaging seems legit.
Nothing looks damaged at all.
The package did look like it had the old cold steel logo on the box. You know the one with the Tanto knife on it instead of what the new company has put on their box. So maybe it's old stock?
The knife is extremely sharp and absolutely beautiful.

This is asking us for an opinion of whether the $159 he paid for the knife was a "legit" (or fair) price or not, which would require a valuation of the knife.

That was my mindset..

There is a difference between "is this knife legit based on this photo I have provided"

And "is this knife legit based off the $$$ value I paid vs what other retailers have have the same item priced at"

Two different ways of going about asking the same question..

That would be nice,.. then you get them juicy discounts 😆

Nobody's trying to beat you down or anything, we love the knife hobby just like you. We're just saying that this is a structured forum that has rules.. that's all.
I appreciate you. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thank you sir for your considerate response.
You've given me hope that there are knife lovers here.
The packaging seems legit.
Nothing looks damaged at all.
The package did look like it had the old cold steel logo on the box. You know the one with the Tanto knife on it instead of what the new company has put on their box. So maybe it's old stock?
The knife is extremely sharp and absolutely beautiful.
Use Imgur or another photo hosting site to upload photos. It will really help. People aren’t trying to come off rude, the only issue I see is that your post could be considered deal spotting. You’re not asking value. Other sub forums here have threads dedicated to the question of legitimacy.

Click on the arrow 3 dots on your OP to edit your post.

Post a photo. We’ll tell you if it looks legit.

If you paid what you said you did for it, you got a good deal. If it’s legit. If it’s not legit, you overpaid by about 159 bucks.

It was sold as new.
I couldn't find a shipper.
It does show that he had what appeared to be a a high satisfaction rating. I forget maybe if 4.7 out of 5, just guessing The best I can remember.
It showed He had maybe close to 500 transactions.
But I remember specifically looking for a shipper or a store and there's nothing like that, that I can find, just something that looked like a user ID.

Back