I Call It A Bargain. The Best I Ever Had

BrotherJim

Gold Member
... at a big box store anyway ...

Just got back from Walmart. Went there to look at a pocket knife I'd seen a couple of weeks ago ... but tonight they were out of it. It had been in a clamshell pack hanging on a hook on one of the isles.

THEN ... I saw one(1) in the counter display case. They couldn't find the box, paperwork or sheath for it !!! In fact, she couldn't find it on Walmart inventory she searched on her phone.

She called someone else to help. He couldn't find the knife either.

In the display case, the knife didn't have a tag or anything on it. They kept searching local Walmart Inventory and even Walmart headquarters ... couldn't find it.
Couldn't find a box or anything related to the knife in the storages under the display counter.

SO ... I finally thought HEY ... couple of weeks ago it was in a clamshell pack and hanging on a hook ... let me check the isle ... FOUND IT.

The clerks scanned the tag still on the hook and said yep that's it !!! The price on the hook was $29.95
Got home and see Buck website lists it for $37.99

I said hey look, no box, no paperwork, no sheath ... and this is the last one ... can you give me a good price on it? I have to ask.

They fiddled around on their phones a bit more and then she rang it up ... $5 !!! (plus tax ... $5.45)

I call it a bargain. The best I've ever had LOL ... at a big box store anyway HA

They said Walmart wasn't going to restock the knife either.

Have you lucked across any bargains ??

BUCK 110 Folding Hunter LT ... $5.45

pnJHEE8.jpeg

Last edited:
Fantastic score. 😁👍

Questions ...
1) Since it is "irreplaceable" (new) for the price you paid ... "User" or "Royalty"?

2) Is it a "safe" guess you have ... more than one ... Buck and/or aftermarket sheaths for it? 😇

Fantastic score. 😁👍

Questions ...
1) Since it is "irreplaceable" (new) for the price you paid ... "User" or "Royalty"?

2) Is it a "safe" guess you have ... more than one ... Buck and/or aftermarket sheaths for it? 😇

Good questions, Steve. Definitely a USER ... might live in my Jeep's console / glove box.
Since it is so downright light-weight, I don't need a sheath at all ... although I have several Buck 110 sheaths (leather not nylon like this one is supposed to come with I think)
Not even considering a sheath.

I am surprised there is no blade play, wobble and perfect tight lockup.
I have a 112 LT that is slightly loose both closed and lockup.

The thing that drove me to check it out again at Walmart was that I have been looking for a Sod Buster size knife but a lockback.
So of course I've been looking at GEC Bull Buster #21LB ... and the lowest priced one I found today on the secondary market was $200 !!!

I thought well, maybe the 110 LT will work. I'll try 420HC if I can't get my hands on 1095.

Of course I could say ... but it would be a lie ... "I could get forty(40) of these 110 LT's for the price of one(1) Bull Buster" 🤣

Thing is ... I got such a great bargain on this 110 LT ... I might take another look at the Bull Buster LB ... even as proud as they are of them ;)

EDIT: ... this 110 MIGHT arguably be a better slicer than a Bull Buster ... being hollow ground and all ... hmmm

Last edited:
Great deal! Thats awesome. Once I got a Buck 119 from Walmart that was really old stock, it had fallen under a shelf in their knife counter and been forgotten so when I got ahold of it it rang up at the years old price of $20. Thats the best I ever had.

Last year I found a Buck 110 at Walmart marked at the old price ( before the increase) $39.
When I checked out it scanned at $35.

This local Walmart did not have any Buck 110's in stock but there was still a slot in the counter display case for one and it was labeled at $65

Seemed like all the knives they usually carry were either sold out or low stock tonight. Not sure what's up with that.
But as mentioned, the clerks did tell me that Walmart was not going to restock the 110 LT.

OH, beside this lone 110 LT, the only other traditional folder knife they had was an Old Timer (China) Trapper for $24

Previously last year I bought a Buck Canoe (China) from Walmart. They no longer have them.

Last edited:
Now that's a deal! Before Christmas, one of the big on-line knife dealers had the 110LTs on sale for $15, so I got two. $5.45 even beats that though. My 50 year old 110 is now semi retired & I call the 110LT the beater knife.

Now that's a deal! Before Christmas, one of the big on-line knife dealers had the 110LTs on sale for $15, so I got two. $5.45 even beats that though. My 50 year old 110 is now semi retired & I call the 110LT the beater knife.

Awesome !!! ... I see 110 LT reviews on youtube taking about a $20 knife, so I guess that was the everyday going price when they first came out.
I dug out my 112 LT that I bought in 2020, to compare to the 110 LT and found everything about the 110 LT is tighter than on the 112 LT.
And while piddling around, I was able to massage the 112 LT to tighten things up but still, the fit and finish on the 110 LT is better.
Well, except for blade centering and I might be able to krink the 110 LT just a little bit ... but I can live with it as is. No rubbing or anything ... just a visual to critical eyes.

0esvepZ.jpeg

Last edited:
Even at the MSRP of $38-40 I think the 110LT is a bargain. It's not made with the latest super steel flavor of the week, and the handles aren't pretty, but I think that's the whole point of this knife. It's a user, and you don't have to be afraid of hurting it.

... and blade centering corrected
Postage to Idaho not required :) ...

Ironbut Ironbut ... that's a nice 'un !!! And I noticed that the grippy nylon handle pattern is different on mine (see pic in OP).
Buck date code stamp on mine indicates 2021 build year. I believe yours is 2017.
Man I truly like this 110 Folding Hunter LT. Easy pocket carry and it just begs to get to work. The 110 is a classic.

The 110 Folding Hunter LT is made by Buck right here in the USA
The Polyester sheath that is supposed to come with it is made in Mexico

It locks up with a definitive *SNICK* any mama would be proud of 🤣

zxkCzY6.jpeg

Last edited:
... and Buck has a Polyester sheath on the way to me via snail mail and should be here by Tuesday May 7th.
Not that I may ever use it, but will have it ... just because.

Back