I cannot believe this hest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellas Im new to your esee forum but not new to the knives. Ive had an izula and an rc-3 for quite a while now,mainly for work, so I didint really need anything to much bigger. Last week I broke down and ordered a hest dpx cause I could no longer resist looking and not holding. Much to my suprise I fell in love almost instantly. Now I love my rc-3 and really didint think I would ever find a knife I liked better for everyday work use or one that felt better in my hand. But I gotta say its lite, Grip and feel is perfect and not too bulky. Nothing Im sure you guys havent heard a thousand times but just had to share! By the way is there and option other than the molle locks or cord, like maybe a belt clip? Just curious- Joel

Congrats on the HEST - I love mine.

The belt clip from the ESEE5 (available separately) can be modded to fit on the HEST sheath by drilling 1 hole through the clip plate and the sheath.

P6280003.JPG

Congrats!
There's never too much "i love my new knife" topics.

ps; Don't try to resist tempation, its pointless

Sounds like a great little knife. I was going to get the fixed blade HEST but the folder was coming out, so I ordered it. Can't wait to get it soon.

Thats cool I like both of you guys set ups!!! Gives me a lot to think about now! Thanks

i made a clip plate and belt clip for mine, wasn't hard just a piece of kydex and drilled 4 holes to match the sheath and put belt clip on it.

34407_1665420921838_1426711158_31662734_3702067_n.jpg

great knife to use around the farm.
cricket

We're singin' the same tune, bro. Paper dimensions aside, this knife operates on boundaries far outside its perceived limits. Not to mention the perfect ergonomics.

The boot clip from the 3 fits the HEST sheath. I have the boot clip on the outside of the sheath and it works perfectly for iwb or in-pocket carry. I can post pics later when I go in if you'd like.

Congrats on the knife. There's nothing better for the money. Period.

I also use the boot clip for IWB carry.

But I also had Armoralleather make me an awesome leather sheath for times when I can wear it openly, i.e., camping, hiking, Waffle House and other warzones, duels, cockfights, Glamor Shots sittings, etc.

I've been thinking about purchasing one for quite some time now.... At some point I think i'll bite the bullet and buy it.

My tipping point was the pass-around thread.
Had I not already had a 5 I would have gotten one after that thread, too!

I guess the moral of the story is that pass-arounds can equate to convinced customers! :)

I've been thinking about purchasing one for quite some time now.... At some point I think i'll bite the bullet and buy it.

Myright, I was thinking the same as you till I spent the cash and man was it worth it, I really do love the knife. Thanks everyone for the carry options I'll let you guys know what I come up with- Joel

Got rained out yesterday and had a chance to do a little customizing. I modified the sheath back from my esee-3 ( tiny bit of dremmel work on bottom holes fit perfectly). and had some left over mccaw handle material left over from some knives I did for chirstmas last year. Have a little bit of fine work left to do, getten em to sit a little flatter on the knife handle and may sink the screw heads a bit and they still need fine polishing. Maybe not my first choice for color but it will work for now. just wanted to share- Joel

P.s. remermber Im just using this at work right now I realize these may not be ideal out in the field, I was just messing around

hestknife001.jpg

hestknife005.jpg

hestknife002.jpg

hestknife004.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back