I don't mean to brag, but...

... who am I kidding, of course I do ;)

A few months ago I sent Auntie a special order for a lighter Chitlangi bowie with drawings (albeit poor ones) and general specs. A big THANK YOU to everyone who made this possible. Auntie has been a saint with her patience with my emails and questions.

Here's what arrived in the mail today:

IMG_1001.jpg

15" blade, 22" OAL. Spine thickness just a tad over 1/4". Incredibly balanced, I can't believe the weight on this thing!

Check out that special wood (I believe it is US walnut?)
IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Kamasu Kissaki. Gotta make the mall ninja in me happy ;p
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

After the fuller, it's a full convex grind:
IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

I gotta check the archives for this kami's mark:
IMG_1003.jpg

Last edited:
they make things to spec like this ?!?!? you sir have just made my day !
off to the drawing bord !!!!

oh yeah.. nice knife..

they make things to spec like this ?!?!? you sir have just made my day !
off to the drawing bord !!!!

oh yeah.. nice knife..

It was pretty much a "chitlangi bowie", but with a thinner blade and a different point.

Beautiful! I don't like the tanto shape myself, but still, that there is lovely.

Thank you. Once I had it in hand, I felt that drop would have been more practical. Looked good enough on paper.

You know, at that size and thickness, you can actually do something with that one handed. Nice!

You know, at that size and thickness, you can actually do something with that one handed. Nice!

It weighs slightly heavier than a 15" GRS, so maybe comparable to a 16-17" specimen. One handed work should be no prob.

Qeth, thats a sweet looking custom!

If that square tanto'ish point doesn't work out for you, it looks like it would be relatively easy to round it out.

Your bragging rights are legitimate.
Whadda we call it if we wanna order one? Chitlangi Bowie Q?
IIRC the kami with that mark is Lokendra.

Your bragging rights are legitimate.
Whadda we call it if we wanna order one? Chitlangi Bowie Q?
IIRC the kami with that mark is Lokendra.

How awesome would it be to have an HI product named after me? ;P Although "Bowie Q" sounds like a 2 year old saying "BBQ"!

Thank you for the kami info. I've admired Lokendra's work for the past few weeks, and this piece is no exception.

Been checking out the wood on the handle. Am betting if it was cleaned of a treated that it would really be amazing!

Giant Chitlangi Tanto?
Giant Qethlangi Bowie?
Giant Chitlangi Qethto?
I like Qethto.
Or simply, Qethtowie.

Giant Chitlangi Tanto?
Giant Qethlangi Bowie?
Giant Chitlangi Qethto?
I like Qethto.
Or simply, Qethtowie.

I guess we can't use Bowie anymore, as it's not a clip point. "Chitlangi Qeth-to" has promise ;p

I'd estimate it at 35 oz. I have no accurate way to measure at the moment.

Nice blade! Unlike Crimson, I do like the tanto blade. Really strong tip compared to non-HI products. (HIs are such tanks that tip strength is not an issue). My EDC folder is a tanto blade.

csstoreonline_2173_12373767

Really like the Chitlangi Tanto!

How much did it run you? So i can estimate how long it will be before i can order something lol? 2

Back