I dumbly did it again and gave more knives away.

Well...I have a surplus of some OKC knives I got for this reason to begin with.

I have my step brother an RD6, SP-10 and an RD Tanto I thought I'd never let go of...but I had 4 extra and 2 on stand by duty left 2 floating around...

Since he goes to Alaska as a Fisher-person (See I can use Gender Nutered words to keep PC NAZIs who use 20th century tactics like the Natzis to push their point across happy too!) I figured he could use the RD-6 for its general purpose get back to the comfy (better than rough wilderness) areas.

The RD-Tanto I gave him as another option for a super hard use short/mid range chopper that can do sort of Bushy stuff. And I told him if be breaks the tip, he can make a drop point or spear point out of it. Of which if I can get another one, once this COVIDidy thingy is over, I may have a blade master re-do one with a drop or spear point for me.

The SP-10 I gave him was factored in what would be best needed for cold and fatigued and best all round tool. Well the SP-10 is a great all round tool. Check out Gideon's tactical about it. And the one factor I thought most useful when exhausted, tired and fatigued, a situation I am very familiar with now, is a HILT is very handy when working in cold areas and such that protects one's hand from slipping up and other things. And having experience with 4 legged critter attacks in my life and experience with the SP-10 use in defense a few times, a HILT is a very good thing to have. The SP-10 is a jack of all trades and master of only a few things. But what is a master of is very handy and it can do things a smaller more specialized bushy knife can, where a more specialized busy knife can't to A LOT of things an SP-10 can do.

And another main reason I gave him the OKC knives, same reason as I got them, they are dang good, reliable, dependable and I hate to say it...EXPENDABLE. So if the knife falls off the boat, cliff, is stuck in big critter running away from you with it in you that you used to drive it off... you won't have to commit sepuku as per loan contract for loosing an uber expensive knife that you still owe 1,234 payments on.

If knew getting a replacement RD Tanto would be so hard, I would given him my BK 2.

Well one knife I also gave him not an OKC but that spare Gerber Strong Arm I had with a serrated edge. Well its the only one of two knives I have with a serrated edge, and well since its SS 420HC and he is going to work on a fishing boat in June in Alaska. It should be a good work knife. Where the serrations actually make it even more useful. I only used it once to cut lady free from her seat belt and her baby from one of them baby entrapment device contraptions, when her SUV rolled on its side. U even had to use the glass breaker on it to free the cute little one. Since my brother does need one with serrations and I only used it once, I figure he can get more use out of it than me. I still got a few more Strong Arms, though, and even a BDZ-1 SS model.

I gave him the Strong Arm because there was no way I was going to give him one of my RAKs as I only got 2 of them! The RAK is a great light belt knife I find. That Saber Grind blade is just very useful.

Back