I feel naked. I could kick myself.

I was halfway to the train this morning and it was too late to turn back when I realized I left today's intended carry--my SAK alox farmer--on the livingroom couch. Even worse than if I had forgotten my watch. I was surprised what a sinking feeling it was. I immediately thought to myself and laughed, "This is the way I'd feel when I would break my eyeglasses as a kid." Something akin to doom. I realize now that I should keep another knife in my briefcase, because I never go to work without it. Well, I still have my keychain Photon to play with.

Oh yeah, and it's those days when you really need one -- when that golden opportunity arises for you to show off your box-opening prowess to the office sheeple. :D

Johnny said:
I was halfway to the train this morning and it was too late to turn back when I realized I left today's intended carry--my SAK alox farmer--on the livingroom couch. Even worse than if I had forgotten my watch. I was surprised what a sinking feeling it was. I immediately thought to myself and laughed, "This is the way I'd feel when I would break my eyeglasses as a kid." Something akin to doom. I realize now that I should keep another knife in my briefcase, because I never go to work without it. Well, I still have my keychain Photon to play with.
Man, I'd have taken the day off from work, and went back home.:D.

I know that feeling well. It feels like you left a part of you behind.

Paul

I keep my cybertool in my desk drawer for such an occasion....but still knifeless for the drive.....which drives me insane.....but I am generally insane on the freeway anyways.....but then again so is everyone else.

Just remember whereever you go....there you are...

and bring a damn knife!

Whenever I do that, I end up at a knife shop buying a "temporary" replacement.

Chuck
"Cedat Fortuna Peratis."

I rarely forget my EDC, but I know that feeling. You're right, it's just like being naked. The worst is when you're going somewhere affected by the new 'security', and KNOW that you don't have one. That just kills me. I keep reaching for the top of my pocket but it isn't there. :( I try to avoid those places.

Man I hate that feeling when you have left behind your knife or your watch.
It seems to set the day off on the wrong foot and the whole day feels off kilter! :barf:

I have turned this problem over many times in my head and developed a solution: a modular and redundant EDC system. In addition to my 4 piece EDC setup consisting of a Dodo, a Flash 2, a Gerber multitool (soon to be replaced), and a Victorinox Cybertool, I keep a Micra with my cell phone, a Classic on my keys, and in the truck I keep a CRKT companion with a Victorinox Soldier.

I need to get an extra Spyderco or three for a little more redundancy to make the setup idiot proof...

Been there, done that.

I now have a knife in each car and a small one in each jacket and a few others scatterd around. Just about any place I go now I can probably lay my hands on one if I happen to forget whatever I plan to carry that day. When you're old and buggered and your memory's on the way out it pays to compensate.

I stash blades here there and yonder. I always have a backup nearby. No way I am gonna run around naked.

Micra and spydie jester(ss pe) on my keys...

and my ss pe 'fly has been off my body for about a month while getting sheath work one... only had it just shy of 3yrs now(aug 20, 2001). Neck carry since jan 03, 24/7.

I know the feeling. I always keep a Spyderco Ladybug on my keychain, along with a Photon Light. I keep a Victorinox alox Bantam in my wallet and a Spyderco Stainless Standard and a Victorinox Trailmaster in my briefcase.

I am never knifeless or naked when I leave the house even if I just grab my wallet and keys.

"Never step out into the world knifeless." :D

Back