I get to go to Blade show this year, yay! What should I expect in terms of buying things

My wife says that for our vacation this year we can go to Blade show. Now that's love! What should I expect in terms of buying things when I'm there. I'm not really in the market for a full custom, but what about everything else. If I wanted to buy a current production knife from Spyderco we or Benchmade are they all there and available? Are there any discounts for blade show? What about some of the smaller Brands like giant mouse? Should I plan on showing up with a big sack full of cash or is it mostly just a look at things show?

Bring cash, undoubtedly there will be something you'll see and want to buy. Too much stuff just to window shop. You can always haggle prices with cash on most items. Production knives are available, depending on the brand most sell out early with their newest offerings. Some have limited amounts of knives for a particular show. Some do lotteries, so it's best if you can get a little insight on the brand you're looking for. I read that last year, CRK brought 10 Sebenza 31's, they sold out in a few minutes of the show opening.

I don’t know if you like autos but Microtech has had a real bargain if you ask one of the reps.

I'll bring Cash then. I do like Autos, I picked up a couple of the Clones over the years but have always been disappointed with the quality of the steel. I saw somebody post a good deal on a guardian tactical last year, and I would certainly be open to microtech. How does one acquire that discount?
So it sounds like it's the kind of thing where you go early and Shop fast. Should I plan on a multi-day trip, or would 6 hours let me see most of what I wanted to see at the show?

First, you never have enough money. Second, the stuff you really want is sold in the first hour. Third, there aren't any real "deals", but you may get something that's otherwise hard to find.

There's no way you can see the show in 6 hours. But you can easy drop $10k in that time.

Parking sucks. There's no real food in the area, and what they do have is expensive. Take your own with you, including water!

thanks for the advice. I'm not really going to try and score a holt or limited edition sebenza or a borwn servo, but to mostly to look at stuff. My local selections are limited to benchmade and cold steel, and I'd like to see more options. To hold a bunch of stuff in my hands. To see if a TRM atom is really all that and a bag of chips. to see if I can find a good sharpening system, to see if the actions on WE knives are a good as people say. And I've got people in atlanta to go see anyway.

Yeah bring twice as much cash as you think you'll need.... Get a VIP Pass if you plan on going Friday and get in line no later than 10:00 AM.

Most seem to accept credit and debit cards now. I still bring cash, but not as much as I used to.

Lots of production knives for sale. I wouldn't call them bargains, but in general they are priced about market price (street price). You can run onto things, but don't expect it.

I went to blade show West last year.

My first knife show ever. I was like a kid in a candy store!!

I had a chance to hold too many knives to count. Production, custom, equipment, gear...

I ended up with two customs, three production knives, and a stack of steel stock!!

I also dropped off two knives for heat treat.

The best part was meeting the makers I know. Meeting the makers I have wanted to meet for years, and other Bladeforums members etc.

Better to have it because you know you gonna need it!!

Fixed it for ya!:D

Blade is fabulous. I fly over 24 hours to be there and it's worth it every year.

Plan to be there for the whole Friday and spend the evening with the who's who of the knife world in the pit on Friday night. You won't be sorry.

Good advice above.......Enjoy!;)

Back