Photos I got this knife inside a box of metal I bought

堺屋 一心 作
Sakaiya Isshin Saku
Don't forget to "like". lol

Bro I have another one for you. I hope you can help me again. Thank you so much for all your accurate answers.

153132410_1087146288424284_5322494966134210854_n.jpg

Look Guilbert, check out my profile. My kids are years older than you are, so please drop this "bro" stuff, ok?
Makes me feel even older than I am. LOL
That's a Sakai Naosuke 堺 直助 with some well spread out even pitting.
Good photo making it easy to read.

Look Guilbert, check out my profile. My kids are years older than you are, so please drop this "bro" stuff, ok?
Makes me feel even older than I am. LOL
That's a Sakai Naosuke 堺 直助 with some well spread out even pitting.
A good photo making it easy to read.

Will take note of that Ken, thank you so much for answering my questions. You're really helpful! Is this a good knife?

Will take note of that Ken, thank you so much for answering my questions. You're really helpful! Is this a good knife?

It is a discontinued brand so they are now only found on auction sites sold as used. So there is no information to determine if it is a "good" knife. In fact I don't know how you are defining "good"....lol
But it is definitely a vintage Japan made knife. Is that single or double bevel? Any writing on the other side of the blade?

It is a discontinued brand so they are now only found on auction sites sold as used. So there is no information to determine if it is a "good" knife. In fact I don't know how you are defining "good"....lol
But it is definitely a vintage Japan made knife. Is that single or double bevel? Any writing on the other side of the blade?

That's the only writing in there. Thank you so much for the answer.

I have another Aritsugu nakiri if I'm not wrong. I just don't understand the other writings well. As I tried translating the writings on the other side of the knife what I got is "oka-to" (岡灯) not sure if it is correct. Again thank you Ken for your great help.
153172695_464075098113107_4503542472525676855_n.jpg
153034443_996139930917002_6775976926221451836_n.jpg

That means that this is custom-made or just engraved that after he bought that?

I doubt custom made. Nearly all prominent stores offer the option of having your name (or whatever) engraved on any knife you buy from them. I have occasionally come across a few knives with foreign names "translated" into kanji indicating foreign tourists purchased the knife while visiting Japan.

I doubt custom made. Nearly all prominent stores offer the option of having your name (or whatever) engraved on any knife you buy from them. I have occasionally come across a few knives with foreign names "translated" into kanji indicating foreign tourists purchased the knife while visiting Japan.
Thank you so much for the knowledge you shared. Now I know ahahah. Have a great evening.

158272790_752067275450332_5609751047985216377_n.jpg

Back