i had fun today

Working on this machete. Along with my stuff. This is the first knife i bought for myself in a grip. Great design. Andy and I have been making knives for a few months now. We do things alot different,, but I sometimes like to get out my comfort zone. And have a bit of fun. I will take some outdoor pics tommorrow. The first. Challenge. Was the bullseye hole. I don't have any fancy sealed bearings like Andy. Lol. I made due. With a piece of Chad Nichols Damascus roundbar. I had. Anyway. I will get some pics tommorrow. ..thanks Andy... for giving me a few minutes of playtime today.

294547678_photobucket_12432_.jpg

That is cool looking Jeremy. You need to come on down to GA and hang out! We definitely need to tip a beer together at Blade Show.

Bro, that thing is SICK!!! I need to come up and learn how to make knives...

Whats the paint???

I'm not sure what it is, but Jeremy has been experimenting with coatings that double as back-up light sources. :p Here's a necker I just got from him.

P1010260.jpg

Its a great tool. They are of high quality. They grind very well and are very hard. I had to use carbide to put the 1/4 holes. In her. I love the thickness. As a Knifemaker you know. Its very difficult. To make longer wide knives. In this thickness Like these machetes. With tool steel. It tends to warp. Badly. These as a do it yourself kit are a awesome value. If you plan to do more. I might put some different holes in there. Like a few 1/4 or some. Designed for corbys. So people with a lower level of experience. Can get some handles on her. With less layout. Take some fear out of it. Anyway. I think you made a good investment. In quality machetes..

Nice One J :thumbup: I'm looking forward to tipping a few with the three of you!

You won't be losing that one any time soon. Nice work man! That 12" Fiddleback Machete grows on me a bit more each time I pick it up.

Back