I hate salt water.

Being from new york, I've never really taken the harsh effects of salt water into consideration before.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the effects salt water has on a blade? Treatments, or finishes?

HK2001,

I agree with DaveH, check out H-1 steel.

Coincidently...I just happen to know someone who has posted a Spyderco Atlantic Salt on the knife trading part of the forums (hint, hint ;) ).

Good luck,
Allen.

Exactly what is the problem?? Storage, using the knife around saltwater, using the knife "in" saltwater? If it's the first two then a good rust preventative will be fine, breakfree CLP= easy to get and very effective. If it's a folder lubricant you want that'll do just as good a job protecting from rust as breakfree then I like FP-10. For storage of collectibles though I just hit them with some renwax and keep them in an air conditioned room. The last one though(use in saltwater) I'd recommend getting something more rust resistant, and if it's not totally rustproof (like H1/cobalt alloys/ti) then instead of bothering with oil polish it often with flitz or something.

Back