I hate you all!

I am going to be a very poor man now that I know about these forums!!!

I have always had a knife at my side since Boy Scouts. (quite some years back) I always liked nice knives, but for some reason never payed too much attention to what it was, it was a tool to me. I mostly stuck with Gerber folders since they were light, decent quality, and local. (lived in Portland Oregon at the time)

Well, I was outfitting my long haul pack last week and decided I needed a new knife. (first time in a loooong time that has happened) So I decided to do some research on whats out there. I poked through a TON of manufacturers sites looking at models and coming up with a wish list of what I wanted in a knife. I came down to a few models:

SOG Tomcat
Kershaw Ken Onion Leek
Benchmade 550 Griptillian
Buck Alpha Hunter Folder

I ended up ordering a Buck Alpha Rosewood with ATS-34. (havent recieved yet)

Then I stumbled onto this forum and began poking around. Now I am placing an order for a PCKS 110 as well! I am also looking at pipcking up a new fixed blade. I am going to be a poor man by the end of this!

I'm so addicted now!

Anyhow, Hi all, glad to meet you, and thank you for all the excellent information I have already found here. =)

Welcome to the land of too many knives and not enough budget.

Glad to have you as a Buck customer. If you ever need anything, give me a shout.

Jeff

Welcome aboard! My fancy for Buck knives, still extant, is what got me started on the knife bug that still has me infected.:rolleyes: :D

Yeah, I can see myself branching out to others soon. Although there is too much in the Buck line that is prohibiting me from doing so now!

I think my next step will be the Alpha Hunter with Antler slabs. (The Bass Pro model) I havent even recieved it yet, and I'm already in love with it. ;)

Welcome to the forums. One Buck you may want to look for is the Buck Selector. Not made anymore but can be found on e-bay. I hunt, fish, and backpack so I was very pleased with the light weight, interchangeable blades, and 110 style. I wear it on my belt with two extra blades and I have to check to make sure its still there! Very light weight. Various handle colors, black, OD, orange, and blade styles from clip point, cp serrrated, gutting blade, skinning blade, drop point, saw, etc. The original sheath comes with a pocket for an extra blade or two.

Good Hunting!

Tom

Your goose is cooked, now! I started with one Buck & haven't stopped yet!;) My 1st Bucks were a PCKS 110 (Elk stag, finger grooved & nickel/silver bolsters) & the rosewood Alpha Hunter folder. You'll love that Alpha Hunter - nice solid knife; fantastic 'click' when opened! Welcome & enjoy BladeForums!

Kiss your money goodbye, my friend! Welcome to the madness :D Bucks are great knives for the money -- it's hard to go wrong.

- Mark

Ahhh... I love the smell of BUCK FEVER !!!!!

Welcome to the Forums and to the Buck Family. Since you're already on a roll, and by your own admission there are too many Bucks to start branching out to other brands, you might want to consider the BUCK COLLECTOR'S CLUB. Factory sponsored, elected officers, tons of goodies, great fellowship, excellent information and more.... Hell, there may even be a knife or two you want that one of our members may be able to help you with.

There is a thread in this forum titled Buck Collector's Club with the official pitch and a printable membership application. If you want to talk more feel free to post as quite a few of the regulars here are BCCI members, including the President, BUCKCUSTOM, and the Factory Administrator, also Forum Moderator, Joe Houser. You can also feel free to email me direct for more club info.

More than a few factory people stop in and say hi so hang around and meet and greet. We're glad you're here!!!! :D

Welcome to the forums,

you might as well do a search on the Buck 560 - the recently discontinued 110 cousin with TI handles - and after having this one upgraded with a BG42 blade you have a "Buckbenza" which means you are ripe for the next step - the 172 Buck/Mayo TNT with TI handles and S30V blade - really no need to lock any further for maxing out your credit card limit for the forseeable future :D

Will it ever end :rolleyes:

Just my 2 €cents

Klaus

I'll check out the suggestions made by everybody. Thanks for the warm welcome! =)

Hello and welcome! I can't help you with your new affliction but I can say there is a great bunch of folks here in the forums that can give you comfort.
If you have any Buck questions, fire away!

Back