Off Topic I Have A Dog Named Biscuit

So I 'm a dog person. To me a home without a dog just doesn't feel like home. I acquired a dog named Biscuit recently. I wouldn't have named him that personally; but its actually a pretty cool name so i decided not to change it. I adopted him at 9 months so he was already house broken and had many basic commands. He is full of personality and is a really weird cross breed ( Wolf / German Shepard and Alaskan Malamute / Wire Hair Terrier). He has one blue eye and is golden in color. The moment I met him I knew he was my Dog. I have Had quite a few dogs over the years from hunting Beagles to Great Dane's. I know I will have many fond memories to share with all of you about Biscuit and our adventures together.

yAJEZxf.jpg

I am a dog person too... But since we're renting, not really a good place or time in my life to have a pup. Maybe some day.

Grew up with "my" OE. Loved him to death. My mom bought him for me when I was in first grade. My best friend for years. Until I had to leave home for boarding school... My parents eventually gave him away to another home who had another OE so he'd have a pal. He passed away while I was at school and nobody had the heart to tell me about it, knowing I'd be devastated by the news and be all alone to bear it. I found out months after.

I still miss him to this day. And for now I have a giant stuffed OE (almost 5.5 feet nose to rump) in my livingroom that we now use as a baby barrier. My wife isn't fond of the stuffed dog, and had asked me numerous times if she can give it away... But she never could follow through knowing how much I miss my dog.

(edited for typos)

Last edited:
Then what that REALLY means is they'll have pups, which you'll name "Chip" and "Beef", so when they all roll around together in your yard/kitchen, you'll end up with Chip Beef Gravy over Biscuit!

Ok... Maybe I'll need to roll myself to the kitchen soon..

Then what that REALLY means is they'll have pups, which you'll name "Chip" and "Beef", so when they all roll around together in your yard/kitchen, you'll end up with Chip Beef Gravy over Biscuit!

Ok... Maybe I'll need to roll myself to the kitchen soon..

Well that's not possible he was fixed when i got him.

^^^^^^^^
I have to get the rest of his training done before I even consider getting any more.

I wonder what kind of training you're doing with him...

Are you saying my next Swamp Rat might be ground by Biscuit??

That would be mighty awesome...

I wonder what kind of training you're doing with him...

Are you saying my next Swamp Rat might be ground by Biscuit??

That would be mighty awesome...

I like big dogs because they are strong but that has its down side too as they are not easy to walk and catch if they get away from you so I like to train them to stay within 2ft of me at all times. It takes about a year or so of using a short leash and a lot of commands like heal, and as i say pay no mind when other dogs or people are passing on a walk. He had the commands like sit, stay, lay down, and no all down when I got him. Now I'm getting him used to my whistle and not to jump up on people unless they pat there chest (it is nice to not have to bend down to pet a dog sometimes). After having Great Danes for so long I have learned that training early makes all the difference. I usually use other dogs to help train but unfortunately my Great Dane passed away recently. She was such a good dog but breeds like hers are susceptible to problems and have a much shorter life span. But a Great Dane I could see one grinding a blade they are so human like its funny.

I like big dogs because they are strong but that has its down side too as they are not easy to walk and catch if they get away from you so I like to train them to stay within 2ft of me at all times. It takes about a year or so of using a short leash and a lot of commands like heal, and as i say pay no mind when other dogs or people are passing on a walk. He had the commands like sit, stay, lay down, and no all down when I got him. Now I'm getting him used to my whistle and not to jump up on people unless they pat there chest (it is nice to not have to bend down to pet a dog sometimes). After having Great Danes for so long I have learned that training early makes all the difference. I usually use other dogs to help train but unfortunately my Great Dane passed away recently. She was such a good dog but breeds like hers are susceptible to problems and have a much shorter life span. But a Great Dane I could see one grinding a blade they are so human like its funny.

I'm sorry to hear about your Great Dane's passing... Never acquainted with one, but they look majestic!
I prefer larger breeds as well. Had an OE, then a couple of larger Golden Retrievers. I totally agree about early training. Makes all the difference. In humans too - I'm working on two right now, a 5yo and a 10mo. The training is not so different... especially early on. I'm not an expert on animal/pet training, but I do people training - I'm a not-yet-licensed psychologist. So I often have to help people retrain their mindsets and re-teach healthy behavior, so I am familiar with the struggles, but also the rewards.

Watching my buddies train their birddogs, and watching them (the dogs) work the field, takes these trainings to another level!

Dogs are amazing. Often times more so than hoomans. There's a good reason they're "Man's best friend".

I'm sorry to hear about your Great Dane's passing... Never acquainted with one, but they look majestic!
I prefer larger breeds as well. Had an OE, then a couple of larger Golden Retrievers. I totally agree about early training. Makes all the difference. In humans too - I'm working on two right now, a 5yo and a 10mo. The training is not so different... especially early on. I'm not an expert on animal/pet training, but I do people training - I'm a not-yet-licensed psychologist. So I often have to help people retrain their mindsets and re-teach healthy behavior, so I am familiar with the struggles, but also the rewards.

Watching my buddies train their birddogs, and watching them (the dogs) work the field, takes these trainings to another level!

Dogs are amazing. Often times more so than hoomans. There's a good reason they're "Man's best friend".

I could not agree more.

What an AWESOME looking dog. Oozes personality!
:D

Obviously, my favorite breed is the Rottweiler. But I love all dogs. Great Danes are way up there on my favorite list, as far as looks. I've never owned one, and haven't had close association with one. I probably never will own one, though. I have a hard enough time with my Rotties when they pass. I couldn't stand the short lifespan of a Great Dane.

I have a Great Dane/Mastiff cross, and he is a real sweet gentleman. He doesn't shadow me like my Rottweiler, but still stays relatively close. My three little grand-nieces loved walking him on a leash, and he was great with them even though he had never seen them before. It was really cute watching the three little girls taking turns walking him, as he dwarfed all three.:)

What an AWESOME looking dog. Oozes personality!
:D

Obviously, my favorite breed is the Rottweiler. But I love all dogs. Great Danes are way up there on my favorite list, as far as looks. I've never owned one, and haven't had close association with one. I probably never will own one, though. I have a hard enough time with my Rotties when they pass. I couldn't stand the short lifespan of a Great Dane.

I have been close to a few Rots, but have never had one of my own. I have seen the connection that they make with their humans and it's amazing.

I have a Great Dane/Mastiff cross, and he is a real sweet gentleman. He doesn't shadow me like my Rottweiler, but still stays relatively close. My three little grand-nieces loved walking him on a leash, and he was great with them even though he had never seen them before. It was really cute watching the three little girls taking turns walking him, as he dwarfed all three.:)

Danes can be some of the most gentle dogs you have ever seen. I remember my Sophia (my Great Dane who passed) would sit in my Lazy-Boy and look just like a person. In the winter we would have her wear this scarf thing called a snood. I finally got the joke that was made all the time in Scooby-Doo when they would dress him up like an old lady with a shower cap on.

Back