I have a serious question...and quite strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do pretty much all Busse knives come from Busse in mint condition? I don't mind if my folders are a little scratched, fit and finish a little off. But it bugs me when my fixed blades are like that. What are your experiences?

Maybe I'm just lucky....All my direct purchases from Busse have been pristine and packaged in Tactical Cardboard with mesh liner....:thumbup: Thanx Busse Shipping Dept!!!!

Maybe I'm just lucky....All my direct purchases from Busse have been pristine and packaged in Tactical Cardboard with mesh liner....:thumbup: Thanx Busse Shipping Dept!!!!

I've only bought direct from busse & kin.....perfecta mondo !!!!

Do pretty much all Busse knives come from Busse in mint condition? I don't mind if my folders are a little scratched, fit and finish a little off. But it bugs me when my fixed blades are like that. What are your experiences?

Well there was competition finish that everybody loved, that was suppose to be understood it could have mill marks and the like.

Depends on what you are getting at ?

What are you getting at ?

Well this should be easy. From the Busse custom shop or from their current production line -- the knives are brand new. Which means they should be mint. If you're asking if they have as much attention to detail as a custom knife maker -- I'd say chances are no. They should come sharp, clean, and void of any scoffs/blemishes. If you received one with any issue -- I think they would be the first that would want to hear about it and/or remedy it. You paid top dollar, they're a top quality company, they have a top quality warranty/guarantee, and they have a first class customer service system.

Well this should be easy. From the Busse custom shop or from their current production line -- the knives are brand new. Which means they should be mint. If you're asking if they have as much attention to detail as a custom knife maker -- I'd say chances are no. They should come sharp, clean, and void of any scoffs/blemishes. If you received one with any issue -- I think they would be the first that would want to hear about it and/or remedy it. You paid top dollar, they're a top quality company, they have a top quality warranty/guarantee, and they have a first class customer service system.

This is exactly the answer to my question. Thank you very much. I ask because even though I have bought dozens of Benchmades lately, you don't always know if your getting an off centered blade, or a myriad of other problems.

So even though those knives are straight from the Benchmade more or less your really not sure what your going to get until you receive it. I had to return one because the liners rubbed the blade.

I just received my first Busse in almost a decade a few weeks ago and it was in mint condition (no blemishes, handles perfectly aligned. ETC.)

I have another on the way and was wondering if this is what I should come to expect from Busse. I sure hope so. If this one comes mint too. I will be buying many more.

Last edited:
I have read posts here that said the early ones use to frequently come with scratches. I got one of the first ZTBM sent to dealers from Papathud. They had a rougher satin finish before the shop got their new machines for satin finish. I like it, and I love my CF TGLB! :thumbup::)

No problems here and I've bought a couple direct from Busse Combat. All mint :thumbup::)
But should a problem arise their customer service is top notch.

We strive for perfection in every blade. That being said we are human and still do the bulk of the work by hand.. Rest assured that if something is not exactly the way it should be then it will be taken care of.

Garth

We strive for perfection in every blade. That being said we are human and still do the bulk of the work by hand.. Rest assured that if something is not exactly the way it should be then it will be taken care of.

Garth

Thanks Garth, nice to know.
I am trying to make up my mind if I want to go with the ASHBM LE. Just wish I knew what handle color I want! :)

Thanks Garth, nice to know.
I am trying to make up my mind if I want to go with the ASHBM LE. Just wish I knew what handle color I want! :)

That is the hard part to figure out! Good luck with your choice. Let us know what your final decision may be :D

Only thing I've noticed is a squiggly line on the crinkle coat on a couple of Scrapyard knives, but not bad enough to make me want to send them in and trust me, I'm a picky customer.

Does anyone know where to buy the mesh liner? I would like to get some to put on my knives when they're not in use. I don't like keeping them in the sheaths.

Does anyone know where to buy the mesh liner? I would like to get some to put on my knives when they're not in use. I don't like keeping them in the sheaths.

Uline shipping supply. They are called plastic sleeve nets (protective netting) and come in different sizes by the roll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back