I haven't fully retired yet

I must say, it's pretty cool/surprising the people I've encountered, even if only through the interwebs, here on BF :thumbsup:

edit: hold on - now that I've actually read the whole thing - I hope your health is okay!!!!!

[having recently stumbled upon a couple cigarillos, after having quit smoking cigarettes/etc 18 months ago, I feel particularly regarding any potential lung issues... back on whacky ole'obacci wagon!¡!]

Last edited:
Dude got what he deserved.

Murray himself filed an application with the U.S. Department of Labor this year for black lung benefits, saying he was heavily dependent on oxygen and is “near death.”

In a 2017 interview with The Associated Press, Murray, using an oxygen machine, insisted his lung issues weren’t coal-related but were due to “idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.”

“It’s not from the mining. It’s a different disease,” he said.

true, I definitely noticed some frustration and nausea arising when I read a number of details in that article

I guess I still tend toward the sentimental, especially late at night

so, without saying too much about anything, I'm grateful to be fortunate enough not to have to work exposed to the conditions that cause black lung, nor have to deal with managing a company

dessert is a tricky thing, and, as a contemplative (my privilege, perhaps), I don't wish lung disease on anyone - certainly not coal miners, and not ceos of coal companies either. may both be protected, folks should never forget what they, and their families, have and continue to endure in the name of power, literal and figurative

and did I mention I have a bit of a penchant for being a bit of a cleverly confused, defensively sentimental fool at times? :confused: (it's an interesting combination of qualities - quite the mystery!)

as the child of divorce, I prefer to avoid divisiveness whenever possible...

edit: ...and quietly, walking on eggshells, I go into the night

Last edited:
Back