I hope its not a gluestick!

Since this is the Cantina, I figured I could post this, since I amused myself when it happened.

I was in my office and opened my deskdrawer and pulled out a plain white tube, the wrapper had come off, I assumed it was chap stick. I popped the top, stuck it to my mouth and just as it hit my lips thought to myself "I hope its not a glue stick" I know its kind of stupid, but I cracked myself up. (It was chap stick, by the way).

Okay, not great, but I thought it was funny. Have a great thanksgiving everybody!!:D

I think everyone has a few moments where they do something without thinking, and only later realize they should have checked things out first. :)

Thanks for the laugh.

Like sticking a roll of LifeSavers in the 12 gauge without looking...

*click*

Ad Astra

Shann said:
Since this is the Cantina, I figured I could post this, since I amused myself when it happened.

I was in my office and opened my deskdrawer and pulled out a plain white tube, the wrapper had come off, I assumed it was chap stick. I popped the top, stuck it to my mouth and just as it hit my lips thought to myself "I hope its not a glue stick" I know its kind of stupid, but I cracked myself up. (It was chap stick, by the way).

Okay, not great, but I thought it was funny. Have a great thanksgiving everybody!!:D

Mmmf! MMMMMMMF! MuMuMerrrrrrrrr! Mlue Mick......:eek: :eek:

That's ok:)
Not as bad as the time my better half and I were having beer and sushi (yeah, we're classy;)) while we were watching TV. Bren goes to pick up her Guinness and takes a big swig...of the soy sauce:barf: Well, she keeps things interesting:D

The worst "oops!" i ever heard of was when my stepmom had dry eyes so she reaches into her purse and hastily puts her drops in...except she grabbed liquid super glue instead of her drops:eek: she glued her eye SHUT. Deductive reasoning will suggest why my father married her:rolleyes:

Jake

I mistook the cornbread batter for chip dip last Superbowl Sunday. No one noticed. The guy who'd made the batter had also supplied the dips and since he was nearby, I wanted to make a show out of eating the dip...I didn't want him to feel bad, after all. He finally noticed.

"Dave, you know that's the cornbread batter, right?" he asked.

Good thing, too, because it was lousy dip.

I was staying over at a friends house back in high school. Woke up the next morning and grabbed what I thought was tooth paste.....Turned out to be Cholestrol (sp?) some kind of REALLY greasy hair stuff...sort of like lard mixed with mayo:barf: :barf: :barf: :D

He couldn't stop laughing. and I couldn't get it off my teeth. Every time he looked over at me and saw me swooshing my tongue around my mouth he bust up again. It was a long morning.

No bad swaps, but as a kid on a hot summer afternoon I ran inside the house to grab something to drink. Looking frantically around for anything sweet, I spied a half full Coke Cola bottle. I up-ended the bottle and it was mostly drained at the same time I realized it was full of black ants. They liked Coke too.

munk

My grandmother (bless her soul) used Pledge furniture polish on her hair one morning instead of hair spray. Really shiny and lemony fresh.

Then there was my wife, who used Preparation H instead of toothpaste. Slick. :D

Oh, and one on me. When my granddaughter was about 3 or 4 she had a toy with a suction cup that was meant to be stuck on the side of the bathtub. I thought it would be fun to stick it on my forehead and make faces at her, and she thought it was hilarious. This went on for several minutes. When I took it off, I had the biggest, reddest, roundest hickey about 2 1/2" in diameter in the center of my forehead!:eek: I mean that sucker was HUGE and RED! Well I went to work the next day and told them that my granddaughter had accidently hit me in the head while I was playing with her. Made the mistake of telling my best friend at work what had REALLY happened. She nearly had a stroke laughing at me and proceeded to tell everyone. It gave them a lot of pleasure.:eek:

Steve

Steve

Steve you coulda said your grandaughter hit you with your grandaddys hammer!:p You guys got me cracking up tonight. The worst for me was reaching for my beer at a party and going bottoms up with the wrong one. Full of cigarette butts...:barf:

Andy

reminds me when my mother in law (a teetotaling church of god woman) came to visit in texas, it was a reeely hot day & when she came in she went straight to the fridge & took a long swig out of the cold water bottle she found there.

unbeknown to her, my nephew had brought us a present the day before, a nice pure, clear water bottle full of good ol' alabama moonshine, which we kept in the fridge.

didn't know the ol' dear knew such words when it finally dawned on her what it was she was gulpin' down.

1. So you folks are saying I'm tempting fate by keeping my saline eye drops and the Militec bottle on the same nightstand? :eek:

2. This was related to me by a co-worker in her 20s a few years ago (after she stopped crying):

Her mother (who lived with her and her husband) was nervous about going to the gynecologist after a fairly long period of time. When she got home, she called her daughter at work and related what had happened.

Daughter: Did everything go okay?

Mom: Yeah, I guess ... although he said something strange when first he saw me naked.

Daughter: What'd he say?

Mom: He said "Uuh... Fancy!!"

Daughter: WTF?!:mad:

Mom: Maybe it was the smell of your feminine deodorant spray...

Daughter: Huh?:confused:

Mom: I used the feminine deodorant spray in the cabinet in your front bathroom before I went to the doctor.

Daughter: There wasn't any feminine deodorant spray in that bathroom.

Mom: Yeah there was: Little spray bottle on the shelf...?:confused:

Daughter: Mom ... that was HALLOWEEN GLITTER SPRAY!!:eek: :D :foot:

The daughter was one of two receptionists at the front desk at our work, and neither of them were able to answer the phones for a long while after she hung up with her (now-mortified) mom.

Back