• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I know this has been asked before.... Knifeworks.com

I know ya'll have experience with them, and I know there are probably 20 threads just like this, but I couldn't find em :(

Whats the good and bad of Knifeworks.com? How do they compare to NewGrahamKnives.com?

I want to get a Fallkniven U2 as well as a Spyderco Tasman SE, and NGK.com doesn't have the U2 :(

Check out the forum section, "The Good the Bad and the Ugly".

I've ordered from Knifeworks repeatedly with no problems. They're on my short list of "good guys".

Check out the forum section, "The Good the Bad and the Ugly".

I've ordered from Knifeworks repeatedly with no problems. They're on my short list of "good guys".

Much appreciated, I'll head over there!

I asked both knifeworks and New graham if they would match prices of another dealer. I sent them the link and here was each of their responses.

NEW GRAHAM SAID:

Mike said we could price match. If you want to go ahead and place the order online and in the comment section add that we are price matching.
Thanks
Annie :)

KNIFEWORKS SAID:
After looking at this site and the prices, I will not match the prices, one of the reason we have been here for 10 years with a retail store and a Toll Free number which we pay for and have severall employee's, We are not working out of a house or out of a Post Office box for a address. We could sell a lot less if we did not have these expences, we set our prices to be fair and to keep us in Business, There will always be other people get in this Business and try to sell at a lower price to build a business. But we know this and we run into this sometimes, We have a large inventory where most of the people work of a drop ship program, not trying to write a long email but just so I wanted you to understand. We have been growing every year with over 3 Million in sales so we hope we are doing someting right and being as fair as we can to our customer.

Hope you understand.

Thanks,

Roger

Duhhhh!

WHICH WOULD YOU PICK?

KNIFEWORKS said
"We have been growing every year with over 3 Million in sales "

Well I guess they don't need our business then. if they make 3 million a year and don't want to save a loyal customer a couple bucks.

I will go to NEW GRAHAM who has not lost themselves in their 3 million per year. ...I mean, trhey deserve our business, right?

Both companies are great, myself and a great many other folks here have done repeat business with both and had 100% satisfaction every time.

Quoting those emails here in the manner you are, sure seems like an attempt to stir up a bunch of "stuff".

:thumbdn:

if they make 3 million a year and don't want to save a loyal customer a couple bucks.

to be fair, $3 million in sales isn't the same thing as $3 million of profit.

But anyways, price matching is always nice.

Once companies grow big they hire accountants or get cocky and quit caring about their customers. It happens in every industry, you get big guys and they do whatever it takes to increase their bottom line even if its only by a few hundred dollars a year. Even companies run by the nicest guys fall into it. The simple answer is to buy from the guy selling out of his garage not just because he loves his product but because he cant afford a bean counter.

not making a comment about either company though, just general statements. I havent bought from either, but I do intend to buy a second alias I from new graham.

Gah, really wish NGK had the U2 :(

I'll probably order the Tasman from NGK soon and wait on the U2...

By the way, I'll just add in that I've ordered 2 knives from NGK, both times it took ~5 days to receive, with basic ups shipping :thumbup:

I buy at least 80% of my knives from Knifeworks.I've never had a problem at all with them.I've even sent a couple things back,with no problem whatsoever.Fast shipping,good CS:thumbup:

I've never bought from New Graham,but hear nothing but great things about them.If they accepted paypal(which I do most of my knife purchases with),I'd givem' a try.

...just my .02

Gah, really wish NGK had the U2 :(

I'll probably order the Tasman from NGK soon and wait on the U2...

By the way, I'll just add in that I've ordered 2 knives from NGK, both times it took ~5 days to receive, with basic ups shipping :thumbup:

In the comment section of your order ask them to send it via USPS... i get my orders in about 2 days.

Both companies are great, myself and a great many other folks here have done repeat business with both and had 100% satisfaction every time.

Quoting those emails here in the manner you are, sure seems like an attempt to stir up a bunch of "stuff".

No I am not trying to stir things. I have used both companies with 100% satisfaction as well. Matter of fact I had given Knifeworks most of my buisness and I mentioned that in my email. I have no axe to gring with them at all.

just a no brainer since someone asked which of the two to use.

+1:thumbup: I agree.Although I have no experience with New Graham,Roger at Knifeworks is a great guy.I asked him to hand pick me a couple of knives(think they were Case's) that were known to have a few cosmetic defects occasionally & he did it.I have nothing but good words for Knifeworks.

No need need to trash talk either company:thumbdn:

I have purchased from both companies with no problems. I find pricing to be within about $3-5 of each other between companies on most blades that I am looking at. Sometimes New Graham is cheaper and sometimes Knifeworks is cheaper. I live in Eastern TN so my packages from New Graham arrive in 2 days via UPS Ground and 3 days from Knifeworks via UPS Ground.

Recently I gave been ordering from New Graham but I don't have any problems with Knifeworks. I check their website daily to see what new items have arrived in stock.

I've only ever bought from New Graham (once), and they were great. Knifeworks seems to be a bit cheaper in item pricing sometimes, and their shipping is a few bucks cheaper.

NGK and Knifeworks are both great. I'm starting to prefer knifeworks because newgraham never seems to have anything in stock. My last 3 orders from knifeworks were shipped that same morning. But when I checked the stock status on NGK they didn't have the PE Caly 3, the 710D2, nor the Benchmade 941.

Both GREAT dealers, as people and as companies. Very consumer oriented.

I buy a lot on the Exchange forums here. When I do look to a dealer, I check One Stop Knife Shop, Knife Works, Knife Center, New Graham. Knife Works probably gets most of my dealer business and that's based on price as well as availability and fast shipping.

He doesn't need to price match for me because long term his prices are very competitive. I don't believe in jerking around looking for bargain basement prices so I can end up with all the joy and excitement of getting hung up by a fly-by-night dealer.

I dont buy from knifeworks because they require canadian customers to purchase a minimum of 100$. not a big deal, but thats enough to redirect my business elsewhere. I have bought from them once before when I saw a deal on a knife.

New Graham just sent me a lowley case sodbuster jr for peanuts... you can bet they will recieve more business from me.

Back