I loathe the smell of oxblood in the morning.....

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of an oxblood sheath. This is my dream; this is my nightmare."
origin.gif

The Oxblood sheath debate, let's hear it.

I'm all ears, but it's gonna take some convincing......

I dunno, I've had a few really snazzy pair of shoes in oxblood. One wingtip solid oxblood color, and one glossy leather mottled color oxblood and black.

I don't mind burgundy leather but prefer brown/tan/natural colors more. Black leather too, depending on the knife handle.

I don't mind burgundy leather but prefer brown/tan/natural colors
That must be why I don't like it, it's not a natural color.

It's funny because maroon is my favorite color for micarta, just not leather.

Hmmm, maybe that's why I don't tool leather either, never seen a basket weaved cow!

Step out of your comfort zone - you know, make a oxblood colored sheath, fold your underwear, pick up the ice cube instead of kicking it under the fridge... ;)

Step out of your comfort zone - you know, make a oxblood colored sheath, fold your underwear, pick up the ice cube instead of kicking it under the fridge... ;)
Everything I make is out of my comfort zone, that's why it takes so long!:eek: As far as folding my under wear goes, one doesn't simply 'fold' banana hammocks. The 5 second rule doesn't apply to ice cubes (Epitaph worthy?).

(You will however be pleased to know that I started this thread after ordering a bottle of the stuff to mess with;))

I have.

I saw that giant chicken too.

Little did I know how much gold was in that movie when I watched it!

Everything I make is out of my comfort zone, that's why it takes so long!:eek: As far as folding my under wear goes, one doesn't simply 'fold' banana hammocks. The 5 second rule doesn't apply to ice cubes (Epitaph worthy?).

(You will however be pleased to know that I started this thread after ordering a bottle of the stuff to mess with;))

Little did I know how much gold was in that movie when I watched it!

One of these days I'm going to work up the nerve to try some peyote. Maybe when I'm old and a burden on society:D. I can trip with the big chicken.

One of these days I'm going to work up the nerve to try some peyote. Maybe when I'm old and a burden on society:D. I can trip with the big chicken.
Ha, bring some up in the summertime, I can see us now... "Hey Chris, did you see the size of that Gopher? ...BOOM!"

Back