I lucked out , and snagged a Sheepdog!!

I run a CQC 15 all day, everyday. It’s my go to!! I have one in each kit bag with a combat Karambit, and rotate 2 in my EDC. I’ve been looking at the Sheepdog for a while, and ran across an early model action concepts that I couldn’t pass up. What angle would I use on this V grind? I use the 30 degree on my CQC 15’s , and Karambit. They don’t take much on the sharp maker, 5 down the chisel side 1 for the burr . This one is in s35 vn and is a V grind. 40? Or 30? Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Sounds like you got one similar to mine, the 40 degree setting on the sharpmaker keeps mine nice and sharp.

bsf5JHo.jpg

Finally bit the bullet on the Action Concepts Bowie Sheepdog before they are all gone. Had the spearpoint a few years ago but can see that Bowie tip being a bit more useful for me. Plus I am a sucker for anything with micarta scales.

I have not bought an Emerson in quite a while that sheepdog looks very good though. I I trust this seller on Ebay is legit though?

I have not bought an Emerson in quite a while that sheepdog looks very good though. I I trust this seller on Ebay is legit though?
If you mean the seller Action Concepts, yes they are good to go as an Emerson dealer. The micarta Sheepdogs are made especially for them, a dealer exclusive. I have dealt with them several times over the years

Yes that is what I meant. Thanks for the reassurance, I ordered the Stonewash Bowie Sheepdog with the serrations. I also carry a CQC-15 regularly. I found it to be my favorite Emerson, and I have tried a lot of them.

I picked up the Action Concepts Mini Sheepdog (with Micarta) just a few weeks ago on eBay, and couldn't be more pleased with the knife. I live in a 3" blade state, so a lot of Emersons just won't work for me. In fact, I haven't really carried one consistently since my 1998 Commander, which I carried for almost 20 years while serving in federal law enforcement. But when I retired, that Emerson was no longer legal for me to carry, and I've been trying to find a suitable replacement for a while.

The Mini Sheepdog is gorgeous, and very nice in the hand. I prefer the Micarta to the G-10, too (and it's not even close). The detent could be better (I'm used to this issue with Emerson), but it isn't a deal breaker. This thing is a keeper.

Out of curiosity, I just went to the Emerson site, and it looks like the Mini Sheepdogs are already discontinued. My advice is to grab one on the secondary market as soon as you can, because this is destined to be an EDC classic.

I received my full size one last week. I ended up with a black plain edge one after changing my mind because I wasn't sure I wanted the serrated blade satin. I really like this knife. I also want a mini sheepdog now to accompany it or my CQC-15. I can compare the knife to my Hinderer bowie xm-18 and I do like it more. I am probably going to sell the 18 and get a satin mini sheepdog.

I’ve been eyeing the Sheepdog for some time now. Which do you all prefer, spear point or Bowie? That is what has been holding me up. I really think either blade style would be great. Any thoughts?

I only have the Bowie blade, but it definitely looks like they both have the same cutting edge geometry, the spearpoint just has some more metal at the tip. The bowie will probably be better at piercing, but the spearpoint will probably be more robust. I personally prefer the looks of bowie blades.

Well my Bowie came razor sharp. I am quite pleased with it. I'm going to order more knives from that dealer. I have always wanted a Gentleman Jim. I think I will go ahead with my order for the mini Sheep dog first though.

Glad I found this thread !
On the way Mini Sheepdog SW .
I know I’m really going to like that Micarta to and of course S35vn :thumbsup:

Mine shipped out within 1 or 2 hours after my order and is on the way as we speak and should be here early next week.
They have a outstanding track record from what I can see.

Back