I made a short short...Behold Mjolnir

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!
Looks like beast of a chopper!

Backyard forge! Good job man!

Your avatar just brought back all kinds of memories seeing those signs as a kid and wondering what the hell they meant. For that I thank you :thumbup:

Cheers, fellow yinzer!

Haha some guy asked me if it was a martial arts ranking. I live ON the Blue Belt! Yinzer aht!

Very nice work!

You made a critical mistake, though. That wasn't forged with the heart of a dying star, and I doubt you possess the Odinforce to wield Mjolnir! I cry blasphemy!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
And dkb45, I'm pretty sure that charcoal comes from the heart of dying stars...although I may be mistaken. ;)

Not to shabby, I'm impressed with your ingenuity, good work!

Once again great job! How long did it take to bring down that tree!

Once again great job! How long did it take to bring down that tree!

Somewhere between 5-10 minutes I think.
I wasn't looking at the watch though...it was long enough to work up a sweat, that's for sure. :)
After chopping that tree down, everything else seemed so easy by comparison. Trail clearing was a snap, and getting branches off the tree for sausage skewers was child's play. I had to moderate the force of the swing with those...the first swing went sailing through.
It sure is a whole different level than the Junglas or the Golok.

That came out pretty good! The chopped down tree speaks well for it. What fasteners did you use on the handle slabs?

That came out pretty good! The chopped down tree speaks well for it. What fasteners did you use on the handle slabs?

I managed to get some of the fasteners Ontario Knives uses for the RD-9.
I think it was a 10-32 screw thread, if I remember correctly. The outer diameter of the barrel of the fastener is almost exactly 1/4", I remember that for sure.

Back