I met my first Bladeforum member today!

In the Post Office waiting in line, I was wearing my Bladeforums T-shirt, he recognized it and said hello. He introduced himself.
I thought that was pretty cool!
For his privacy, I will not mention his forum name.
Nice to meet you man!

It was a quick encounter. He saw my BF shirt, gave me a thumbs up, and we exchanged forum names, and he left. He mailed something and I was mailing a knife of course :D

One time I heard that one of the members whose posts I had particularly enjoyed was going to be in my neck of the woods. We made arrangements to meet for dinner at an area restaurant. It was very fun. Turned out he was even more fun to talk to in person than he was on BF. We have a lot of cool folks here.

One time I heard that one of the members whose posts I had particularly enjoyed was going to be in my neck of the woods. We made arrangements to meet for dinner at an area restaurant. It was very fun. Turned out he was even more fun to talk to in person than he was on BF. We have a lot of cool folks here.

I agree!

I met a guy here who came over to my house for about 3 hours —we talked knives, sharpened several, discussed Landes, etc.,til late at night.

Later, I went to his place for about 3 hours and did more of the same. We compared knives, conducted sharpness tests, and I showed him some of my new knives from Japan and Germany.

Super cool guy. PhD in PChem, Masters physics. Pretty much a genius!

So far have only met one other member, but know there are several in MA and New England:thumbsup:

Back