I need info on the Ti Lite 4 Alu. Please

Talking about the Cold Steel Ti Lite in the four inch blade and 7075 aluminum handle now . . .

Hey could some one measure the thickness of the handle and let me know.
I realize the handle is sculpted and the thickness varies so I don't need to know to the thousandth just a reasonable approximation. Even across the butt end would be good. In metric if you can swing it.

Secondly if any one can give me a link to a real review, written or video on the knife in actual daily use. I have searched but didn't find what I wanted. I agree that the six inch is not very practical at preparing food and cutting up card board etc. (I have one and tried it in comparison to the Hold Out six inch which is extremely useful for EDC chores)

PS: I feel another Ti Lite mod coming on. Four inch this time. Nothing as drastic as the Razel this time.
Stay tuned.

Thanks for any assistance.

I JUST sold a Cold Steel Ti-Lite 4" w/ CTS-XHP Steel, model #26ACST to Esav Benyamin.

If I had seen this Post earlier I would have posted the Measurements. You may Want to PM Esav and see if he would measure his.....Im sure he would. Super Nice guy.

I Carried this Exact Model, Not the one that I recently sold, for a little over a year. And I carried the Zytel Version for 5 years on and off. I REALLY liked the #26acst. One thing for sure though, This Alum model feels Quite a bit heavier than the Zytel version. Its a SOLID Knife. I mean Solid. It 100% has a presence when you carry it. It is Slightly thicker than the Zytel version, I would say that it is Thicker than the Spyderco Yojimbo 2. I Personally Like when I can feel the Knife that Im carrying for sure.

For a Knife with a 4 inch blade, and its a very slight (pig sticker if you may) blade, its light. For sure lighter than a ZT 0560.

The only reason I dont carry it anymore is because I now carry a ZT 0452CF. wich has a 4.1 inch blade and its more of an EDC knife...but it carries SO much better. Its much thinner in profile. But if it wasnt for the 0452CF, I would still be carrying that Ti-lite for sure.

Great knife. If you want the same knife, get the Limited Edition Ti-Lite with G10. its a little over an ounce Lighter but The handles are slightly thinner and it carries better. I had that for a week until I went back with my Alum Ti-lite.
(someone offered me more for it, so I sold it)

Let me know if you have any questions.

shortshocks,

Thanks for the low down.
I now carry a ZT 0452CF.
I can see the attraction for sure. That's a sweet one.

This Alum model feels Quite a bit heavier than the Zytel version. Its a SOLID Knife. I mean Solid

I hear THAT. The six is like carrying a night stick in your pocket. Not that I don't like it though. I am hoping the four is enough smaller it will be good. I'm sure liking the shape. That handle seems pretty versital for how I will use it. Down the road I may make up some Ti scales, raw Ti not colored, sculpted but not drilled through then drill out some metal part way just on the back side to remove some weight. Sounds like a lot of work I know. I am set up to work metal though. I am waffling between the Zytel and the Aluminum. I am going to wreck the finish of the blade so even though I like the bead blasted I will have to do it again anyway; I will take off the paint from the black clip and parkerize it or go Ti. Not sure yet. What I am saying is I want the better steel but a good deal of the stock handle is going away eventually. I like the alu for the short haul because it is a bit less sharp cornered; or so I have heard anyway. The six is well finished so the four is probably like wise.

Man it is weird how heavy the alu handled one is. A couple of drilled slabs of alu would feel pretty light by them selves so it kind of mystifies me. And to think the Ti handled one would be even heavier.
And that is the way I am headed.

Any body have the older Ti handled Ti Lite ? Is it crazy heavy considering the relatively narrow blade ?

Should I give up the Ti handle idea and just go with the G10 to still get the better steel ?

I don't think it is crazy heavy at all, but I normally carry a fixed blade too. For dressy carry I like my Blue Anodized Titanium. I guess I really like the Titanium's since I own 4 of them LOL. I am older so I grew up with metal knives and guns and its to late for me to change now, not dissing plastics just have no need for them.

I hear THAT. The six is like carrying a night stick in your pocket.
Really I got a 6" in my pocket at present . I normally carry my X2 Voyager but decided to give it a rest, for a few days. I don't like blades under 6" for carry. It's a little thicker than I like and I find the blade isn't as useful as my Voyager . Also lock not #1 on my list.

I have the 6 inch aluminum. I do alternate it with my 12 inch collapsible baton when it is jeans weather. It is more of a collector/fondler for me.
IMO the 4 inch is strictly a stabber, but the slick handle, and sharp quillions make it too risky for self defense.
They do have a nice sprint run, black G-10 versions now. I may grab the 4 inch, just as a collectable.($129)

Back