• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I need kydex/boltaron pants for my Spyderco Swick 5

T.McGee

Gold Member
Hello All
I am looking to get a smaller sheath made for my Spyderco Swick 5 than the one that comes with it.
Just a plain jane black kydex or boltaron taco style fold over.
Let me know
Frank

If you can find someone who has that knife and will make it, great, but I'm always here for you, if you want to ship the knife.

Hi David
Will Canada allow it?
It has the Fred Perrin style finger hole, and I have heard that there is (or was) some concern about it being viewed as a 'brass knuckle' type of thing by customs/border folks.

Good point. The design is imported by retailers in Canada, but that doesn't mean customs won't confiscate it under that pretense.

Out of all the knives I have imported to Canada only three have ever been confiscated. An amalgam with a compression lock that was declared as a "camp tool", which is a description they took a dim view of.

Also, a Ganzo (I was still clueless back then, cut me some slack!) with a super loose lock mechanism (ie "automatic/gravity knife"), and a karambit. They cited a Criminal Code section for the karambit stating it was a prohibited weapon because of the "finger ring with a blade capable of being projected from the ring" to roughly paraphrase.

But they had allowed another karambit through that I had ordered the same day from a different seller. I asked them what difference was, and the karambit that made it through had a ring, but the one that was confiscated has a tiny little nub on the rear part of the ring, which they said violated that statute, and which made it a brass knuckle. Hilarious.

While the swick has a pommel, it is not connected to the ring, which means it does not fit the technical definition in the Criminal code. But as you and I both know, CBSA stands for Canada Border Shenanigans Agency.

So yeah, it's not worth risking confiscation. Good luck!

Back