I think I just ruined the resale value of my American Lawman (pics)

I just got this knife for Christmas. Hasn't even been used yet, but I could not resist.

I used the small blade on a Swiss Army knife to remove all of the coating. It took about 1 hour for disassembly, removing the coating, and reassembly. It was amazingly easy.

Now I feel like this knife is more personal. It will be going into my EDC rotation.

Yes. It was a regular stock American Lawman with black coating.

There is a great stone wash under the coating.

Looks good! I really wish they would make some stonewashed from the factory.

I did that to just the blades of my recon 1's... Love the look.

I did that to just the blades of my recon 1's... Love the look.

same

gave a friend an american lawman and liked it while i had it, its not like aus-8 rust badly anyway. i used to use my stripped recon 1 daily in saltwater

That looks really good. It is too bad that CS covers up that nice stone washed blade with that mall ninja black crap.

Hmmm? I'm not sure there was really much resale value in the first place. Even before you used it.

You buy a knife like that to use and enjoy!

Hmmm? I'm not sure there was really much resale value in the first place. Even before you used it.

You buy a knife like that to use and enjoy!
It was a lame attempt at humor.;)

I am definitely going to use and enjoy this knife.

I did the same to my Lawman, only used an Opinel to strip the coating. Much better now, I prefer the stone wash blade.

Looks great! I'm almost sad that CS is upgrading to a DLC coating on the XHP blades. That will make it much harder to remove. Here's to hoping they offer some options in a stonewash or satin finish.

I always thought that if you did this, the words would be taken off too.
Guess not.

It looks great. I haven't wanted a CS knife in years, but I want that one now!

Back