I want a ..????

I have an idea i'd like to try.
For those of you that do not know me I have a small business one part of which is the manufacture of knife pouches which are used by many knifemakers and some knife companies.
I always need new products. If there is an item for carrying/holding an item that you use and have an idea that you wish somebody produced please tell me about it.

Keep in mind that my company is a sewing company. Items made from webbing, cord, yard goods etc. alone or in combination with the endless supply of hardware out there would be ideal.
The very least I can offer in return is a assortment of the product to test and use.
If I can add it to my product line I'd gladly give a share of the sales. Again remember I'm a small company so neither of us is going to get rich. But it would be a nice way to finance the addition of some toys to the collection.

I'd also like to offer the chance for forumites to test new products that I'd like to make. I don't know exactly how I'm going to go about this to give myself reasonable protection but I'll get that worked out. It
would be cool to let members test products that they can keep just by telling me how they worked or didn't.
What do you think of the idea?.

Ok Tom heres my idea.There are many kinds of pouches or holsters to hold the gear emts use,but none of them that I like.

Most hold a mini mag and knife or multi-tool in front and a emt shears behind . Now what bugs me is I always use a pen on each call, and nobody makes one to hold a pen(we wear t-shirts no pockets)also use gloves on each call so you need a seperate glove pouch.

Actually I don't carry a multi-tool and I carry a bigger light so most of these holsters don't like at all ,although others may .
What everyone does carry is a glove pouch,now if you could add a horizontal pen holder to a glove pouch you would have something that everyone needs and USES each call
smile.gif
Now if this was built over a horizontal knife pouch you would have a low profile knife carry,pen and gloves in a small carry pouch.

I have yet to find a contractor quality tough Electronic organizer case. I have seen things mades mostly for the office type but I use a handspring every day and spend a good part of my day in a shop doing carpentry and assorted other building and installation work.

------------------
Alex

My Knife Page

Along the lines of the EMT pouch, I would like a pouch capable of holding the following: a pen, penlight, large kelly clamp/needle driver, bandage scissors,and vial of Hemocult Developer. I would occasionally like to roam around the hospital w/o my lab coat
smile.gif

Ideally, the pouch would have a belt clip rather than a belt loop (so it would work w/ scrubs). I could provide samples of teh scissors/clamps/etc. for design purposes.

Sam

Tom,

You idea sounds great!

Being a SureFire "Freak", I have been field-testing the yet to be released SureFire M3T for a while now. As far as I know, SureFire has no plans for an M3T pouch, but I'd really love to have one. (infact three)

There are many features which should be relativily easy to include in the design, which can make the pouch more flexible. Please Email me and we can discuss the ideas I have.

I don't wish to take a cut, infact I'm happy to buy a proto-type from you to help cover your costs!

What do you think?

Alastair

P.S.
Design a pouch for the SureFire 10X and you'll be on a winner I think!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Size15s (edited 04-09-2001).]

One thing I would like to see is a nylon sheath for folders with a small section behind it to hold a small sharpening stone behind it. The ideal for me would be a sheath to hold my Sebenza with a Spyderco 4" Profile sharpener behind it, and a place in between to stick the allen key (which is the least important aspect to this). Choice between horizontal and vertical carry would be nice. And NO velcro. That would be the ideal folder pouch for me, especially for camping. It would contain everything the folder needed for maintenance and sharpening in the field (except for more lubricant). Many fixed blade sheaths have small stones in them, but I can't think of a folder sheath. Other types of sharpeners could be worked in too, like a small diamond sharpener which would be thinner. I have a small Eze-Lap diamond keychain model that I have taken the keychain off of and wrapped in paper and stuck down in my folder sheath before. It works pretty good until it gets wet.
frown.gif
A sheath with one of the small, triangular, ceramic rods next to the knife would be another option. A lot of people would say carry the sharpener in your pocket or pack. Things fall out of pockets and are difficult to get to in a backpack.

Paul

My main wishlist item is simple. I want a vertical and horizontal belt pouch large enough to hold a REKAT Sifu. Nothing currently on the market comes within an inch of the necessary length and most are also too narrow. I think I have tried *everything* out there (including the BlackHawk and Eagle offerings).

I would also love to see a double AA Maglite pouch that would work for both vertical and horizontal carry. I have only been able to find vertical ones. The item I actually want to carry isn't a Maglite, but an ASP Key Defender which is almost exactly the same size.

I'd be happy to help test either if you decide to give it a try.
smile.gif

In any case, I wish you the best of luck!

--Bob Q

bquinlan
Have you gone to a big gun store and looked at all the nylon gear already made for all sorts of items. I noticed just last weekend while gun shopping that a lot of products I saw on the rack might hold a large knife.
It's worth a look. What is the size of the knife -length and width? Measured from the backspring to the blade folded. Maybe height would be a better choice of words.
I'll be back to these shops soon to and will look for you if you don't have anything local. It might help a couple other guys too.

How about an insert that fits inside of a womans purse that holds/organizes all their 'crap' they tote around with them?? It can flap over the middle divider and keep it neat. My wife's hand bag is like a 'black hole' IMHO. I love it when she says, "oh, why don't you get that out of my bag'
tongue.gif
I can find a needle in a haystack better IMHO.
biggrin.gif

You can also use this to organize smaller items in a range bag, too. Fishing lures for guys who use shoulder bags and etc.

All joking aside, Tom. I think its a good idea.
smile.gif
You make it, I'll buy several.

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maddog2020:
How about an insert that fits inside of a womans purse that holds/organizes all their 'crap' they tote around with them?? ((snip)) You can also use this to organize smaller items in a range bag, too. Fishing lures for guys who use shoulder bags and etc.
</font>

I've seen that sort of purse organizer in small catalogs; they can move their gear from one purse to another in one shot.

For a men's version, click on this http://www.psrjobs.com/default.html?mid=KNIFEFORUMS then on Bags, then on Personal bags, and scan down to the LA Rescue Organizer for $22.95.

[This message has been edited by Esav Benyamin (edited 04-10-2001).]

I have a New Sun Gib Kit and like it a lot,their satellite looks nice and I like the "j" clip,but I would like something smaller that would still hold a pen and that ran horizontal on the belt.

This may be a bit wild but anyway:

The messengerbags by Timbuk2 (and others) are very popular. I use one myself. They also produce a great pouch for the phone that rides on the carryingstrap.

Why not make:
1. A pouch that holds a phone AND between the pouch and strap has an comparment wher you can put a folder. The knife would be easy to retrive if you have a piece of cord on it (like the MT:s or many others). The knife would be very well concealed and easy to retrive.

2. An ordinary pouch that you can put on the bag just like the phone-pouch, but somewhat smaller (custom made for different folders).

The phone pouch by Timbuk2 can also be carried on a belt, great versatility.

Check out their bags and pouches at www.timbuk2.com. for further reference.

If this makes sense just email me and we can discuss it.

/Colinz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TomW:
Have you gone to a big gun store and looked at all the nylon gear already made for all sorts of items.</font>

Yes, I have tried that at both gun shops and gun shows. I keep thinking that I will eventually find a submachine-gun mag pouch or something like that in the right size. So far, no luck.
frown.gif

I have also talked with the folks at Blackhawk and Eagle about finding a pouch, but neither of them make anything in the right proportions.

As an added complication, I really want a pouch that can be carried horizontally. Most of the large pouches seem to be vertical-only. Even so, none of the vertical pouches are big enough either.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What is the size of the knife -length and width? Measured from the backspring to the blade folded.</font>

When closed the Sifu is 6.75" long and just under 2" wide.

Please do let me know if you run across anything that might work. I generally carry my Sifu in custom Concealex these days, but there are times I wish for the low-profile of a Cordura pouch.

--Bob Q

Back