I WANT an ML Kephart!

vba

Hi fellas/gals(?), first post in the W&S forum. I keep going to the ML Knives website and hankering real bad for one of his Kepharts. Alas, there are none available.

Does anyone know if he makes batches and then lists them on his website or should one just email him and ask to have one made? Any idea of the waiting period? weeks, months..... years!

Anyway, if any of you have pics available of his Kephart work please post as perhaps this may or may not alleviate the wait:rolleyes:

Vin

I've never seen much that remains available on his website. Sometimes you'll see a little neck knife or a butcher knife, but the woods knives don't last. Have you called/emailed to check a wait time? Generally best to get such info from the horse's mouth.

ML Kepharts tend to pop up often in the for sale area, incidentally.

Order it from Matt. Seriously worth the small wait. I purchased a Kep from him with dark walnut handles and dark finished blade. Its my regular carry.
Damn sharp and fits the hand PERFECT.
Matt's communication is awesome also.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great knife choice. Real work horse.
Top one here (not the best pic...).
IMG_0781.jpg

Meh... I am not sure what you see:

MLKephartandSheath001.jpg

MLFisherSheathandKephartSet005.jpg

MLBeltSheathforDad004.jpg

JasonMoulenbelt0710kepharthandled.jpg

MLStraightPointKephart.jpg

JasonMoulenbeltbirdandtroutcompleted.jpg

I own a Straight Back Kephart, Full Kephart (Modified Handle), and bought two other Kepharts for my father and brother.

TF

Matt does great work and is very easy to deal with. It is best to just call him or send him an E-mail. His knives are worth the short wait.

My ML Kephart has been my favorite knife for about three years now. They are easy to sharpen/maintain the edge and the edge/grind geometry cuts excellent. His Keppie handle profile is the real standout IMO. The knives work great on a variety of materials with a variety of grips.

ML Kephart & ML Kephart Fisher
IMG_3679-1.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

ML Kephart Fisher
IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

Last edited:
Man oh Man guys! Thank you for the comments and wonderful photos. I will take you advice and email Matt and get me the most genuine reproduction of a Kephart I've seen.

Vin

Get him to make you one. I had a butcher style mountain man knife, a Kephart, a mini Kephart and a friction folder. All of them are gone, and I wish I had everyone of them back. Mini was too small for my hands, but that was a trade. I bought the Kephart and friction folder from him, without trouble. The wait wasn't bad.

Back