I was afraid this would happen with the new steels CS is using...

I agree, CS's sales are not much of a sales IMO. *Unless the conspiracy is true that they really keep the best Fit & Finish for themselves*. In that case, it may be worth it.
Otherwise you can get great deal from Amazon/Ebay. Some seller even provide discounts or coupons for more savings.
They never are going to blow your socks off with their own sales. It'll screw over their dealers of they undercut them. That would be a bad business practice IMHO.

Yes, I have to agree.

Most of the time the really good deals are close-outs.

However, if Cold Steel continues to upgrade the steel in their knives and don't resort to the Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (MAPP)that certain other brands have done.

They should still do very well.

Cold Steel has never had a MAAP as far as I know.

I've been following them a long time and I've never seen a CS MAAP...which is anther plus in my book. Manufacturer's power should only go so far. Once a retailer buys a knife, they own it and they have the right to sell for whatever they feel is best for their business goals, whatever they may be. Sucks for those like me who thrive on finding a "deal". :mad: Used to frustrate the hell out of me back when I was still filling my kitchen knife collection (Shun instantly comes to mind, among others).

Cold Steel has never had a MAAP as far as I know.

Neither did ZT, until...last year, I think it was. Just cause a company hasn't done something the past doesn't mean they won't do it in the future, and I think that was the point being made-GCG is happy with them upgrading steels, as long as they don't start doing the MAAP.

Back