I would like a custom Soddie!

I love my CV Soddie Jr., but would love to get my first custom slippie. :D

Here is what I am looking for. Green/olive canvas micarta. Stainless pins and pivot. No shields, nice higher rc blade. Maybe D2 or ATS34? Close to a case Soddie Jr. in size. Nice well made, and perfectly centered blade when closed.

I would like to keep it under $300 but would spend a little more if needed. Also would like to have it in 5 months or less.

Is there any factory Soddies that fit the bill? Canvas micarta is very high on my want factor. :D

Thanks in advance!

K R Johnson
Might fit your bill, this is out of G-10 Margarita Green,
I know I love it.
Jim

attachment.php

Gene Ingram is a fine knife maker but will be above your cost.

I'd echo K.R. Johnson. I have one of his small sodbusters in 1095 and ivory micarta scales. It is thinner and lighter than the Case.

If you click on the link below my signature, you can see images of it alone and next to a Case sodbuster in my "Custom Folders" album.

Hello So-Lo,

The aforementioned posts are all fine choices. But, I would like to add Ken Erickson's name into the mix. His knives are top shelf and the cost and time line would likely fit the bill for you. You should really talk to him about your project.. Check out the link below.

www.kenericksonknives.com

Best of luck in your quest.

Ken's work is as good as it gets, great suggestion Anthony. :thumbup:
(Though I'm not sure about the current pricing structure for a knife of that pattern and Ken's wait list is pretty long.)

Ken's work is as good as it gets, great suggestion Anthony. :thumbup:
(Though I'm not sure about the current pricing structure for a knife of that pattern and Ken's wait list is pretty long.)

Well then his website needs updating.. At least in the pricing department.:eek:

But Seriously, that is why I suggested he contact Ken as I would not want to leave a maker with his talent and commitment out of a traditional pocket knife choice for a custom recommendation..:)

I have one of Johnson's soddies. It's a pretty nice knife and he turned it around in just a couple of weeks.

Is Ken now taking orders? I emailed him a month ago, and he was not taking orders due to a 2 year queue. He didn't want to get a longer wait list than that, and said he would post here in the maker's section when he was again taking orders.

All good suggestions so far
A Kerry Hampton KHnutbuster is another
Here is something Jeff Cover just started doing It is 3-3/4" closed
jcs1.jpg

Good luck on the hunt,
-Vince

They call the first one (by Kerry) the Orange Crush Nutbuster.

DSC00234.jpg

This is the one that Keith Johnson made me.

P1010861.jpg

I Love them all but, this is what I want. Thomason said "rare and much sought after Hampton "Knutbuster"." What does that equal in dollars and wait time?

More Soddie pix are always welcome. :D

Back