How To ID this early Mad Dog Kinfe

AD1

New Old Guy here. Found this forum while searching for info on this knife

I just retired and was cleaning ...... actually doing an archeological dig in my office, and ran across the Mad Dog Knife.

I believe it is a ATAK model.

It has no serial number or other markings other than the Mad Dog electric pencil marking on the blade.

It weighs 15.5 oz on a kitchen scale.

The knife was given to my be a friend Jason who runs Tyr Tactical back in the late 90"s.

Just curious as to the pedigree since it does not have any other markings as seen in other threads on this board.

Thanks in advance. Looks like a great forum.

ycuesd2.jpg

tRhoZv2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

It's against the rules to ask about value with your current membership level.
https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

SECTION 5 - Miscellaneous -
WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!
In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site.

As far as the knife, it's a basic ATAK with Hard Chromed 01 Tool Steel... nothing special despite what some might say.

There are a number of sites that you can check to get a idea of what people are "attempting" to sell these for, I used to be a Dealer for MD and the prices that people are asking for his knives is comical insanity.

Thanks and Sorry Boru13

I modified my post.

Yea on the pricing I have seen have been nuts. I thought I had the golden goose in my hands:)

Thanks and Sorry Boru13

I modified my post.

Yea on the pricing I have seen have been nuts. I thought I had the golden goose in my hands:)
No apology necessary :), enjoy the forums :thumbsup:

Back