Idea....Busse Wharncliffe?

MacLaren1

Gold Member
Im sure its been thought before, and maybe a few have already been turned out. But, if not wouldn't it be nice to have some INFI in a Wharnie configuration?
I just really like Wharncliffe blades.
What do y'all think?

Been Done...Sus Scrofa

I think it's a great idea...see middle blade ;)

IMG_2773.jpg

A 3" Wharnie with mudder handles would be my ultimate EDC.
I would also want a pointy Wharnie like the Yojimbo 2

Something like this?

CupidGanza_30.jpg

Something like that that. ;)
But bigger, and straight angle.....no curves just pure Wharncliffe
But that is BEAUTIFUL. Congratz!!

As mentioned above, Michael Janich's Yojimbo 2 is a great example.

I think maybe the OP means a strict Wharncliffe, no hook.

I'd buy one for sure! :D

Definitely this, in fact this is the very reason I ordered a Battle Grade Baby Boom… I was tossing the idea of grinding it into one.

That being said, Sus Scrofa would be much easier to modify into that blade shape being that a sheepsfoot is *almost* the same thing with a recurve.

PAGE 4

30.). . . . $447.00

ScrofaVariant23.jpg

31.). . . $477.00

ScrofaVariant10.jpg

32.). . . $547.00

Last edited:
I think the one hangup to ever seeing another blade of this style come out of the shop (excepting custom orders) is that the Sus Scrofa was basically universally considered an abomination by most fans of the brand. I personally love this style of knife and I do feel that were something like this to be released again… the response could very well be completely different. Case in point, a few years ago you couldn't give away Sus Scrofa… these days you can hardly find them for sale. Bring it Bosshog…. if you build it the pork grease will flow. ;) :)

I think it's a great idea...see middle blade ;)

IMG_2773.jpg

Middle blade! I could go for that. With a little more hook.
What can I say? A hawk's-bill is an awesome cutter! For a specific situation. Wharn? Not for me.

Back