Idea for a new Forum

Great just what we need another Forum to slow up the Server even more:rolleyes:

read on
I have been pondering this for some time and think it may have merit.

What about a Forum that allows Makers to post pics anonymously and people can
comment on them anonymously...what do you think?

This is not for the timid for sure...but it would be a great way to get serious
feedback on a makers work. You see over and over knives posted that are great and
some that are not. But seldom do people really open up their opinions for fear of
ridicule.

Maybe name it "Check your Ego at the door forum"

We would have to put up with some dimwits and Trolls comments but the trade off is getting
down to the nitty gritty of how people see a makers work.
I know we have "Whine and cheese" but that is a different animal in my opinion

Hmmm. Don't know how much traffic such a forum might get in terms of thread starters. What if there's a gold member or moderator from the Gallery who'd be willing to post pics for a maker who'd want to have it posted anonymously for the purposes you outlined? It can become a recurring thing within the Gallery, the way the pass-arounds are in the main forum.

You could always kill off some other forums that dont get a post in 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

One of these forums could possibly be the American knife knut one?

Just a thought, I havnt really witnessed trolls lately, Id like to see some of the action someone please point me into the right direction?

This sounds like a splendid idea on first reading. The fact that the maker would remain anonymous could possibly spare him a measure of embarrassment from a negative critique. But he/she is asking to be critiqued and should be able to take the cons along with the pros. I assume that those doing the assessment would also like to remain unknown for obvious reasons. This type of forum is laudatory in concept but it would be a natural for major flames. I am probably a throw back to the "old school" in many ways. I feel that praise or criticism should be directed to the maker and not to an unknown entity. But in all fairness to that maker, any criticism should be spelled out as to the critiqued area and not just because it does nothing for the person commenting----Sandy

Back