Identification help request

I have never owned a Spyderco before, more of a traditionist, but I acquired an endura 4 at a yard sale and have a question. Mine is typical of the those I have researched with the exception that it has an added feature. On the knife back is the lock release notch seen on all, but my knife has a second notch 1 1/2" to the rear of the lock release and this allows access to an additional "tool". A rod that is 1 1/8" long and 3/16" in diameter pivots to the rear. Has anybody seen such a knife and if so can you explain what this tool does? Thank in advance.

Thanks for the interest. I can and have operated large drill rigs, used explosives daily for 24 years, calculated centrifugal forces of turbine pump but am completely incapable of posting pictures. My wife will take pity on me in the morning and will post some pictures.

Others are correct, it's called the tactical armorers tool. I've never seen it before, apparently it can disassemble a Glock.

Bladescout has nailed it. The video he posted is the same knife as mine. It is nice to know what the rod was designed for. Now I don't have to pester the wife to post pictures. I have no plans to own a Glock, as I said I am a traditionalist in most things, including guns and knives. Now I will find some way to put it to work. Thanks again. I am amazed at the knowledge of the members here.

Bladescout has nailed it. The video he posted is the same knife as mine. It is nice to know what the rod was designed for. Now I don't have to pester the wife to post pictures. I have no plans to own a Glock, as I said I am a traditionalist in most things, including guns and knives. Now I will find some way to put it to work. Thanks again. I am amazed at the knowledge of the members here.
I'd grind it down to a little pick or to a mini flat head/pry. Both super handy!

Back