Identification of SAK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prester John

Gold Member
I was hoping someone could help me identify this knife:
C2VBZPM.jpg

It belonged to my late brother. Is it some kind of fancy Tinker?

It looks like a mechanic but I’m trying to figure out what it’s called with the scissors... or else it would be a deluxe tinker if it had a hook.

It's an older Deluxe Tinker before they put that silly hook in the middle of the back tools. I carry a Deluxe Tinker most of the time.
Rich

It's an older Deluxe Tinker before they put that silly hook in the middle of the back tools. I carry a Deluxe Tinker most of the time.
Rich
Thanks. I looked in SAK wiki and found Deluxe Tinker, and decided that's what it was. Don't need that hook anyway!

Rich

That hook isn't silly. It has come in handy for lifting wire bound newsprint and hay, and a few times for an improvised coat hanger. All considered, it has been of some use to me, although seldom. In any event, it doesn't take up enough space to be of concern.

That hook isn't silly. It has come in handy for lifting wire bound newsprint and hay, and a few times for an improvised coat hanger. All considered, it has been of some use to me, although seldom. In any event, it doesn't take up enough space to be of concern.
I found out that Victorinox started making that hook in 1991, so the knife I have is older than that. Too bulky for my pocket. I keep it in a kitchen drawer where it has come in handy occasionally. The regular Tinker is much more pocket friendly.

I have a Super Tinker. Guess mine is a Deluxe Tinker minus the pliers. Many like the Spartan for pocket carry as like you 4 layers is one layer more than i want for pocket carry. I have my eye on a Climber as its a Spartan with scissors and i think 3 layers.
I eventually will have them all!! Lol
DN

I have a Super Tinker. Guess mine is a Deluxe Tinker minus the pliers. Many like the Spartan for pocket carry as like you 4 layers is one layer more than i want for pocket carry. I have my eye on a Climber as its a Spartan with scissors and i think 3 layers.
I eventually will have them all!! Lol
DN
Yeah, there's a lot of them I want! I like the Tinker and Spartan most for pocket carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back