1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos Identifying a knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Jgfarnden, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Jgfarnden

Jgfarnden

Jun 10, 2019
    [​IMG] Yeah I've been googling around scanning images haven't got far as I don't know anyone that knows knife history. I honestly think this is some decorative knife.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    User27 and Rykjeklut like this.
  2. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
  3. Jgfarnden

Jgfarnden

Jun 10, 2019
  4. User27

User27

Apr 23, 2017
    That's a pretty knife you got there.:thumbsup:

Jgfarnden likes this.
  5. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    It's a filipino knife. Google "Filipino knives" for lots of images.
    Rich

6. Jgfarnden

Jgfarnden

Jun 10, 2019
    I was really hoping it wasn't I've seen that carving style that way on a table. What's funny is I'm half Filipino and found it in a liberal arts college town.

7. tltt

tltt

May 1, 2008
    Yes, in agreement with Rich. These are Filipino Bowies / fighting knives meant to appeal to soldier stationed there during WWII or later.

8. Jgfarnden

Jgfarnden

Jun 10, 2019
    I'm willing to guess it was someone who passed away and their relatives thought it was junk.

9. GronK

GronK Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 1, 2001
    I had one a lot like that I bought in the Philippines. I had it on my belt in Saigon during Tet.

10. Jgfarnden

Jgfarnden

Jun 10, 2019
    Sounds like Vietnam era stuff was mixed in there. I know my father was over there.