Recommendation? Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_John21

Gold Member
Hello All,

I’m was trying to identify this Delica. It is the white box. Japanese Writing, see photos. I have been trying to research this knife with no luck except this from 2009 Blade Forums:

It has the glossy carbon fiber and is marked/etched 001-150, not stamped, which my understanding if it was meant to be sold on the Japanese market only, the left handed versions were the ones marked with 001-150 because there were only 150 made in the left handed version. It has a single steel liner on the clip side and does not have the 🕷 spider on the blade. The BF thread attached above said that the Japanese market ones were worth less than the Japanese Version sold in the U.S. can anyone reach out and give me some feedback on it and maybe a fair listing price? I wanted to sell it but realized maybe my information wasn’t correct. So I figured I would reach out to the community first. Thank y’all!

Hello All,

I’m was trying to identify this Delica. It is the white box. Japanese Writing, see photos. I have been trying to research this knife with no luck except this from 2009 Blade Forums:

It has the glossy carbon fiber and is marked/etched 001-150, not stamped, which my understanding if it was meant to be sold on the Japanese market only, the left handed versions were the ones marked with 001-150 because there were only 150 made in the left handed version. It has a single steel liner on the clip side and does not have the 🕷 spider on the blade. The BF thread attached above said that the Japanese market ones were worth less than the Japanese Version sold in the U.S. can anyone reach out and give me some feedback on it and maybe a fair listing price? I wanted to sell it but realized maybe my information wasn’t correct. So I figured I would reach out to the community first. Thank y’all!
Apart from the 001-150 etching, it looks exactly the same as my Delica C11CFP from 2003. It’s long discontinued, I paid probably around $150 or so then. Can’t remember exactly. Yours is in the Japanese market box, no idea of the current value though.

Hello All,

I just Googled and see that Knives Plus has a C11CFP for sale at $299.99 now. Wow

Thanks sv4, I saw that..that’s insane for a knife with VG-10. I saw another one (left hand) on eBay that the guy has got no bids on but he’s opening his bidding at $350, I doubt no one will bite for that. I appreciate your feedback. I guess the biggest thing throwing me off is the etched number on it, since I haven’t seen that one before but supposably the same knife “for sale in US market”collector number is not etched but actually stamped in black on the blade and comes in the older green/gray Spyderco box. Maybe the Japanese retailer did this etching on his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back