If I want another HEST, how long do I have before they are gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out that dpx won't be making the hest for esee anymore. I already have one but I want another. Should I order it right now or will there still be some hests floating around in the future? Thanks for helping.

I just found out that dpx won't be making the hest for esee anymore. I already have one but I want another. Should I order it right now or will there still be some hests floating around in the future? Thanks for helping.

Crimson, I am assuming you mean the fixed blade? I just got a HEST this week, but it was already on order.
Be safe.

it's a sucessful design and all indications suggest it will continue on. it may get made by another shop, or continue on being mmde by Rowen. that would seem to be simplest answer. RYP mentioned it might be available in stainless and non magnetic versions, but i'd expect it to continue to be made in carbon steel, simply because of a cost/benefit thing.

soooo, the knives that have already been made will probably last a while longer.. but if you really want a backup, there's nothing like actually having it in hand.

take your time, quickly.

About ten minutes. Check Sears & Roebuck. :p

(Seriously, Sears has 'em online.)

ETA: Okay, they appear to be gone now at Sears. But just to prove I wasn't hallucinating, Google still had a Cache of the page...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sears.jpg
    Sears.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
I bought one yesterday from Knifeworks. According to their website, they have over 200 HEST's in stock. Much better price than Sears, too. :)

Hope that's not considered "deal spotting".

they also have them on a couple of auction sites...

hopefully they don't stop manufacturing them. I want to pick one up at some point in time when I can get the spare cash to do so.

they also have them on a couple of auction sites...

hopefully they don't stop manufacturing them. I want to pick one up at some point in time when I can get the spare cash to do so.

From what I understand Rowen Mfg is no longer manufacturing the ESEE version of the HEST. DPx Gear will continue to offer the HEST fixed blade, but it might be made by a different manufacturer.

I just might need to snag another ESEE version...

Yeah, until the new HEST comes out in D2, then all those "backup" HESTS become less desirable. I love you guys and all, but hoarding knives is a REAL disease.

And it's time for an intervention! lol

I too went looking for a spare when I read the news. After catching myself hoarding, I realized: It's a testament to the broad niche these knives fill (more so than hoarding) not to mention the added capability they bring when strapped aside!

They'll only get better -

I just ordered my first hest fixed from knifeworks, I have an le folder on order but I do love a fixed blade

The original DPx HEST will continue. But if you want an ESEE one get em quick. If not wait until you get the new one. Or you can hold off and buy the DPx HEST II fixed which will be stainless, coated and have some sexy new things but will be more expensive

have you made a final decision on what flavor of stainless, and roughtly what the price difference will be?

I do like my HEST fixed blade a lot... but I'm also very excited to see what the second version will be like :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back