1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

If there were ever a "custom" ZT...

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BBKoenigsegg, Oct 22, 2015.

1. BBKoenigsegg

BBKoenigsegg Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2014
    ...this would have to be one of them. I will be updating as I get closer to completing the project. Had this running over on the green forum for a while, and I wanted to cut in some of my BF peeps as well. Check it out!

FINAL UPDATE (11/8/15)

Well, here she is, all finished. I've had this beauty for a while, but I didn't have the opportunity to post the final update until now. She'll be with me during any shows I go to. The Blackwood carbon fiber wraps it up nicely!

[​IMG]

UPDATE (10/22/15)

Here she is, finally assembled. The craziest part is it still isn't finished yet. The cerakote is done, but I still have a clip in the mail for it, and a scale is going to be made after the material arrives in the mail. This thing is going to be epic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE (10/13/15)

Here are some project update pics I received today . He's going to redo the lockside one more time with a bit more black so the pattern is more visible. Cannot wait until she's assembled again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photo cred on the update pics to Josh over at Razor Edge Knives. He's the talented guy who's doing the work for me!

ORIGINAL POST (9/29/15)

So I have this beauty coming in the mail. An extremely modified ZT 0560, from the custom grind to the scale to the shortened handle and repositioned clip. I saw this baby and I fell in love... plus, I figured I had to try it out for the price, because the guy charged only a bit more than what a regular 0560 would cost, and all this work would cost me a fortune to get done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it completed!

3. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Platinum Member

Jun 5, 2012
    I want that scale.... it has an oni on it!!!

4. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    That is really nice.

5. wjswiger

wjswiger Banned BANNED

Feb 27, 2011
    That is the most unique mod I've ever seen on a ZT....sweet!!

6. Rum. Monkey.

Rum. Monkey.

Nov 16, 2012
    Oh my god that's badass

7. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Razor Edge Knives is top notch. Awesome knife, though the handle mod is not my style.

8. korn_2956

korn_2956

Aug 19, 2014
    that is awesome.

9. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    That is one sexy piece of sexy!

10. BBKoenigsegg

Jul 7, 2014
    Thanks everyone! I hope to bring it to meetups and shows in the future, so maybe you can see it in person!

The scale was hand carved and painted by the previous owner. I'm debating on RIT dyeing it black and redoing the painting, but I think I might just leave it to preserve his original touch.

The scale had to be shortened to match the shorter length of the blade, but I agree, I probably would've taken a slightly different approach. I dig it overall though, especially with the digicam job. :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  11. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    Very cool looking!

12. BBKoenigsegg

Jul 7, 2014
    Thank you! It's going back out today for a new scale ☺

13. HappilyGrim

HappilyGrim

Mar 16, 2013
    Looks really cool. Reminds me of the Hogue Ex04 (I think it is) with the blue g-mascus.

It's great!

14. kingkane32

kingkane32

Jul 4, 2014
    He did some work for me also and would highly recommend

15. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Man that is awesome!

16. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    Very nice!

17. BladeHQ

BladeHQ Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 2, 2002
    Whoa! Those are some sweet modifications.

18. Charr

Charr Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 8, 2013
    I absolutely love the work that Josh does. I really want to have him do some for me, but I have to find the right knife to play with for me first...this has given me some good ideas though!

Absolutely awesome mods man!!!

19. BBKoenigsegg

Jul 7, 2014
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

20. Mike45ACP

Mike45ACP

Nov 29, 2014
    Knife looks great! Reminds me a little of the Hogue also.
    Josh has done a little work for me and I've got another job around the corner. He's very talented and a good guy. He's also very professional and prompt. If you've got a job but your hesitant to hand your knife over to someone you don't know, rest assured, you'll be more than pleased with Josh's service.

Mike