1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

if u have 60 bucks to spend..which knife do u buy?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by steeltowninwv, Jan 11, 2015.

1. steeltowninwv

steeltowninwv

Jan 1, 2015
    no saving up....no waiting..u have 60 bucks to burn...which knife do u buy?..ur own personal opinion.....pics are a plus

2. michaedma

michaedma

Dec 29, 2014
    I know everyone's heard it before but I love the Spyderco Persistence, $32.99 + free shipping if you look for it. In my opinion it really feels like a $60+ knife when you get it in your hands. It's big enough to fill your hand and still small enough to carry. (Tried to upload a few pics, didn't have any luck.)

3. singin50

singin50

Jan 31, 2012
    I would buy another Farm and Field! My first is the Hayin Helper and is a winner all the way!

4. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    A "traditional" knife around here means a classic, non locking pocketknife (think Trapper, Sowbelly, Barlows, Sharpfinger, etc.). Basically everything that tactical is not. Posting queries about Spyderco in that section is not going to get you any answers.
    Moving to General Knife Discussion.

5. steeltowninwv

steeltowninwv

Jan 1, 2015
    I posted this in traditional for a reason..i cant help someone replied saying they would buy a spyderco
    just delete this thread then..ill start a new one..but I wont be able to control if someone makes a post saying they would buy a non traditional knfe

6. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    For traditional, either a SAK Farmer or GEC Farm & Field sodbuster...

[​IMG]

...and for a modern folder, the ubiquitous Spyderco Delica...

[​IMG]

7. d0nut

d0nut

Dec 5, 2012
    Delica. Every time.

8. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Delica or Endura

9. knives_in_nature

knives_in_nature

Jul 7, 2014
    I'd probably get a few Ganzos.

10. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    Blur.

11. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H. Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    American Lawman. :thumbup:

12. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    Folder or FB?
    Folder: Buck 110 and a Vic SAK
    FB: Condor Bushlore and a Mora HighQ Robust (Carry the Mora in the Condor's sheath while you customize the Condor!)

13. benlg

benlg

Jun 7, 2009
    Delica all the way, 2.3 oz..!

14. Franciscomv

Franciscomv

Feb 7, 2005
    If you like traditional folders, then a Buck 110 (or 112) or a Case with CV blades would be my choice.

Here's one of my CV Trappers.
    [​IMG]

15. wazu013

wazu013 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    One of these with bone scales.
    [​IMG]

16. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    ...and if you do decide on a Spyderco Delica, be sure to select the combo-blade; as you have guessed, the Spyderedge is preferred over the plain edge by 9.5 out of 11.2 knife aficionados...with the combo, you get the best of both worlds'. :D

17. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    A Becker.

18. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    I would pick something I don't already own. ;)

Wood Jewel Carving knife:
    [​IMG]

AG Russell Curved Regular Jack:
    [​IMG]

19. aquaman67

aquaman67

Jan 27, 2012
    Organge Spyderco Dragonfly 2

[​IMG]

I just picked one up and I love it.

20. zl1

zl1