If you could only carry one knife the rest of your life ?

Wait a minute...
Are you asking us if we can only Carry one knife as in only own one knife, or are we allowed to own a bunch of knives and only carry one?

There are way too many knives that I still need to get my hands on to play a one knife only game!

What about all the poor Fiddleback's, TM Hunt's, Blackfeather's, Busse's, Carother's, Adventure Sworn's, Rod Garcia Skookum's and Sargent Edged Tools to name a few?
They all need a good home and attention!
Good points. If I had to own one knife for life it would have to do kitchen duty, so it would probably be an 8" chef knife.
Sadly, until Survive makes one it'd have to be from somebody else.

Good points. If I had to own one knife for life it would have to do kitchen duty, so it would probably be an 8" chef knife.
Sadly, until Survive makes one it'd have to be from somebody else.

Would have to say my BG knife.. it's got whistle.

Bear-Grylls-Ultimate-Fixed-Blade-Knife_fulljpg.jpg

Yes I meant any sk knife I didn't think there were any other brands that were worthy lol

I would still have to go with the 5.1 as a one knife solution for the rest of my life. The choil allows for doing tasks that are usually done with smaller knives, and it can be thumped on all day every day for the rest of my life. I love my 5 and my 4.7. I carry the 4.1 more than any other. My 7/7 has a place as does my 10. But the 5.1 takes the prize for me. And I do not even have one in new spec.

P.S., I have most hand made Fiddleback models made. I am including them in this assessment. Andy hates choils and will not make a knife with one. He also hates Scandi ground knives, but he has come full circle and has made these again. So never say never.

P.P.S. I just secured a new spec. 5.1 from the exchange thanks to this thread. Wahoo!

Last edited:
Out of all the Survive! Knives I currently own it would definitely be my new spec 5.1. Out of all the knife brands I own, I would definitely chose Survive! Knives as my one choice. The next choice of my knives would be an L.T. Wright then Esee and finally a Becker. I don't own a Carothers yet and I don't really care for the fancy pretty brands.

I foresee a GSO 6 and Axe Hammer comparison in the future :)

Certainly!
I am not sure which will be better/which i will like more yet.
Maybe the 6 if it turns out how i am expecting it to be.
But who knows, so long to go until it arrives :(

Certainly!
I am not sure which will be better/which i will like more yet.
Maybe the 6 if it turns out how i am expecting it to be.
But who knows, so long to go until it arrives :(

Ya, I'm thinking those two are going to be similar in size, but way different in design. Should make for an interesting comparison/contrast. I'll be looking forward to what you've got to say about them.....eventually :)

Ya, I'm thinking those two are going to be similar in size, but way different in design . Should make for an interesting comparison/contrast. I'll be looking forward to what you've got to say about them.....eventually :)

My thoughts exactly HK :)
What i am guessing is the 6 will be much more practical especially with its blade shape and geometry. While the axe is useful as a utility blade, it really would shine as a shtf fighter. But time will tell.

It will be very interesting if the 6 is as comfortable or perhaps more comfortable than the axe in hand. So far the axe is the most comfortable blade ive ever handled.

I also reaaaally want a 4.1
Looks like such a handy and useful size and overall knife

To be honest, i think the 6 is the most excited ive been for a blade.
The axe is my current favourite and until i have my 6 it will probably remain as is. But who knows what will happen.
I have never owned a survive knife.

But the 6's wait time is killing me and what better way to fill that void than with some busse lol

Last edited:
I'm pretty hot and bothered for one of the new ones myself :D

Practically a 6 and 4.1 is all i ever would need for the rest of my life

Impractically i need all the survive busse and cpk i can get ahah.

Any thought on whether you'd go with 3v or 20cv for a 4.1?

Back