If you like swords click here

Roughly 10 years ago we went to Germany and Switzerland. We rented a car and drove all over the place. We stopped in a little town called Solothhurn. If you are into Swiss weapons you will know what the town id known for. Anyway they have an armory/museum there with many many weapons from throughout past 4-500 years. I am leaving the pictures huge due to the sheer number of swords in the photos. And yes most all of these items were out and not behind glass, you could reach out and touch anything you wanted if you wanted to. They did ask that you not do that and I think most observed that request.
3eSy21X.jpg

OCruEr3.jpg

62gakZU.jpg

groVn1m.jpg

lK9CK6r.jpg
wmQELKa.jpg

9iyLx0M.jpg

MgD6b8R.jpg

tCdWZil.jpg

Wow! Thanks for sharing! Anything older than what you have pictured here?

No, I think it goes back to the 1300's or so. They do have a pennant that was captured by the Swiss mercenaries from Napoleon though. I forgot to add this photo of the timbers of the building. I believe they are oak about 1 1/2' thick and some 100' or so long each. The building was built over 400 years ago!
7jISuIb.jpg

No, I think it goes back to the 1300's or so. They do have a pennant that was captured by the Swiss mercenaries from Napoleon though. I forgot to add this photo of the timbers of the building. I believe they are oak about 1 1/2' thick and some 100' or so long each. The building was built over 400 years ago!
7jISuIb.jpg
Amazing. Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if they have a room for lease,I would love to live there.

Back