I'm-a cookin-a somethin up-a.

Hey Mark I have a knife design I'm kickin around. Do you do custom work? I just love this pic.

pa210012.jpg

The design I'm looking at is pretty simple tho it may change. :D What I have right now is kind of a pot belly with a 4 inch blade and about 8-8.5 inches total OAL of 3/16" stock. I wanna do kind of an abo style with no scales and just a para cord(or jute even) wrap.

Last edited:
May take a bit. I'm at work now and I have to complete the handle. I'll try and get pics up tonight.

Here's what I came up with. Nothing ground breaking but a solid design I think. I wanna play with the blade length a bit then finish up the handle. What kind of steels are you working with? Any criticisms are welcome.

Edit: The blade as it is now is 4 inches long by 1.5 wide. I think I wanna go for a 5 or even 5.5 inch blade and maybe even widen it to 2 inches.

IMG_20110715_152302.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! Lose the scales and widen the blade a bit and that's about what I have. LOL I'm gonna play with it a bit and see what I come up with. If I get something I like I may order next month or the next when funds free up. What steel are you liking for a tough baton-er pry-er?

If anyone has suggestions I'd like to hear it. Still at the spit balling stage.

Here's a cut out I did earlier. Even the handle is similar. :D Sorry for the bad lighting.

IMG_20110715_204800.jpg

I was just looking through this months Backwoodsman mag and there is an article about a hand axe made from a lawn mower blade.
I immediately thought about this thread and how such a hand axe/tool would be cool.

I quickly sketched something similar to what I had in mind. This could be used as a hand axe or even lashed to a stick as an improvised weapon. maybe needs slightly more point than I have drawn~

handaxe001.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2011-07-17

Hope this isn't too off topic !:eek:

Shotgun, you get this finalized?

I have a final drawing. Just need to make a cardboard cut out and get a feel for it. It's definitely biggy sized. I increased it to a 5.5" blade by 2" wide and about 10 1/4" OAL. I'll try and get pics tonight.

So I did a cardboard cut out and I'm just not feeling it with this design. It's too kitchen knifey. Not a bad thing but not a good thing either. I think I'm gonna re-do it and see if I can come up with something better. Glad I did a cut out before I commited to an order.

Back